Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweetLilFairy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Tucson, Arizona
Hey everyone! For the past few years I have always gotten the gold iPhone, I got the iPhone XS max in gold and my iPhone 11 Pro Max in gold. I love gold so much but that pacific blue color looks so good! I cannot decide which color to get this year. I am so conflicted and the preorder date is days away and I just need some help please lol.

ireadblitz

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Color choice is entirely subjective so its really up to you. Id start by going to see the gold/pacific blue in store if possible that way you can see them in person and get a better sense of them.

Its between graphite and pacific blue for me. Think I'll end up getting the blue.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Maybe go to a bestbuy or AppleStore and view the different colors first hand. Seeing them in person is probably the best advice.

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Yup, go and take a look at them in person. That's a decision only you can and should make, based on your likes.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Rational Advice: Check them out in person before buying, that's truly the only way you can tell.

Biased, Personal Opinion: Pacific Blue > Gold. The back of the Gold is damn near white, it's the edges and camera rings that are shiny gold. Also, that shiny gold is a bit much for me, I think it looks a bit tacky. I don't need a $1K+ phone to "look expensive"...it already is LOL.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
I am getting the pro max. I live in NYC so there are an abundant of stores to see the colors. It is interesting how influential looking at them at the stores. I was all set on Pacific Blue, but then saw how elegant the gold matte backing was. I made my decision. When I got home, I thought about the Silver - which is NOT white - but a very pale and matted silver with a small glisten (hard to explain). I have the XS MAX now so I am going with the iPhone 12 Pro Max in silver. It is futurist and very apple classy-like. You would be surprised.

The Silver pro max wasn't even on my radar.

Reactions: BlackHawk00

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
I am getting the pro max. I live in NYC so there are an abundant of stores to see the colors. It is interesting how influential looking at them at the stores. I was all set on Pacific Blue, but then saw how elegant the gold matte backing was. I made my decision. When I got home, I thought about the Silver - which is NOT white - but a very pale and matted silver with a small glisten (hard to explain). I have the XS MAX now so I am going with the iPhone 12 Pro Max in silver. It is futurist and very apple classy-like. You would be surprised.

The Silver pro max wasn't even on my radar.
Wait a minute you confused me. You were set on blue then you saw how elegant the gold matte backing was then when you got home you decided on silver? It would have made sense more if you told me you thought the silver looked elegant. It’s like you threw gold on the side of the road on your way home as it didn’t even deserve the mention

meDANOcine

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Definitely go look at the colors if you can. The renderings don't quite do it justice. I went with PB because I have waited for a decade for a blue iPhone, but honestly I don't think you can go wrong with the color choices this year. It's 100% personal taste.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I would say if your store isn't express pick up only, go visit the apple store and see the display mode of the 12 Pro and decide from there (or if you have any stores that carry a display model).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.