Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the-seeker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I am obsessed with leather cases since my iPhone 6S plus. I have been using Blackbrook case for my iPhone 12 Pro. But, since I got my 12Pro, I have been thinking that this is Apple’s best design yet, and needs to be enjoyed bare.
Folks who have been using it bare: How had the phone held up to minor falls/accidents? For the record, I would have dropped my phone twice or thrice in the last 10 years. I am generally very careful.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
I’ve dropped my naked phones a lot. My 6 held up, my 7 plus in jet black held up well, and my 11 pro max has as well. Each took several drops and survived just fine, including some nasty spills. My 11 finally cracked the glass around the camera hump when I dropped it onto a tile floor. It didn’t affect anything but I replaced it under AC+ anyway.
These are really tough phones. Odds are very good your phone will survive, you’ll likely just have to live with some banged up trim around the outside.

mouzouris

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2020
I have been using my 12pm naked since launch day! I have tried several cases never found one that i liked a lot. I love this new design so i am using it naked since november. Phone is in immaculate condition, not a single scratch on it but i am very careful with my stuff. The only thing i am using is a sleeve. I got 2! A fitbag and one called adore june. Both are great but i prefer fitbag as its super slim and has a microfiber lining which cleans the phone when you take it out of the sleeve.

Reactions: 911jason

shapethefuture

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2021
I've been using bare, I usually do with most iPhones I've had. Dropped lightly a few times , was ok. But Ive had a huge problem with my screen getting scratches compared to my iPhone XS Max. I was getting all these scratches and not knowing where they where coming from, and realized it was from sticking it into a zipper pocket I have. the zipper was scratching it, where it didn't scratch the XS max at all. I haven't looked to see if there different screens or not, but they must be with this difference. As far as the drop factor I like it seems pretty durable, which is a reason I got it.

assquatch

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2021
I think they are durable enough now but I've dropped them before and you will ALWAYS get a ding in your edge which doesn't look or feel so good.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Screen is heavily scratched
The steel sides aren’t any better.
back is pristine.

Djken

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2021
Using mine 12pm bare. Would recommend a sleeve I have two one jaccet en one from apple

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
Try going case less often around home but just can’t bring myself to it at work. I love the way the phone feels naked but even with Apple care I don’t want to break it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.