Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
I made the mistake of getting only 64 gigs on my 11 Pro, and it is a constant battle every day. My battery also is at 20% by 11am. Sometimes 12.

I do not really have much need for 5G. Should I just bite the bullet and go from the 11 Pro to 12 Pro Max? I should see significant battery improvements.

My only hesitation is if something big is planned for 13, but it seems like its just gonna be a spec bump and battery camera (as always)? Anyone else in the same boat? I am not "excited" for the 12 Pro Max, I just need more storage and a better battery. My phone also just feels slow. Laggy.

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
I made the mistake of getting only 64 gigs on my 11 Pro, and it is a constant battle every day. My battery also is at 20% by 11am. Sometimes 12.

I do not really have much need for 5G. Should I just bite the bullet and go from the 11 Pro to 12 Pro Max? I should see significant battery improvements.

My only hesitation is if something big is planned for 13, but it seems like its just gonna be a spec bump and battery camera (as always)? Anyone else in the same boat? I am not "excited" for the 12 Pro Max, I just need more storage and a better battery. My phone also just feels slow. Laggy.
Could you not get a battery in your 11 Pro and adopt a sterner attitude to storage management? This would get you by at least until you know what the 13 (if it be named thus) offers or even to the model after that. Unless you are itching for a new phone, which is something I fully understand.

Reactions: cmamb

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
If you buy a new phone now, it'll have a stable mostly bug free version of iOS 14 on it.
If you buy a launch day iPhone 13, it will come with a brand new unfinished and buggy version of iOS 15.
Launch day iPhones suck (because of beta quality iOS on them). The best time to buy a phone is right now.

• Haha
Reactions: hxlly17 and cmamb

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
3 month till the next beast is released, no upside in buying now.
Good point. Only about 100 days. I have never been so conflicted. I always update every other year but am just really disappointed in my 11 Pro right now... But, 100ish days isn't horrible. Let's just hope they don't say COVID caused delays, haha.

steveroysston

Suspended
Apr 5, 2021
If you're really finding it difficult with these issues, go for a change. Else wait for the new device to get launched! Hopefully expecting better specs other than the camera or the color of the device.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015

wait.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
If an iPhone 11 Pro is laggy and slow - not sure what phone will work well for you. The chip in the 11 is faster than most phones even after a year plus on the market. Most programs still aren't utilizing the potential of these phones. Maybe a virus?

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Oh no. You’ve got an 11 Pro with 64 GB….don’t know how can you live like that for 3 more months. That constant battle….can’t even imagine what you’re going through.
In all seriousness dude chill, you got an awesome phone, the 12 Pro Max is a marginal upgrade if you don’t care for 5G. The 20% battery is weird, the 11 Pro got better battery than 12 Pro series. The 13 is not looking to be a huge upgrade either, but so close to it I would wait to see.

I would strongly suggest you to wait. It will be worth it. September is around the corner. The good news is iPhone is not being delayed this year.

The production has already started as I type. They’re probably making the new iPhones right now…

Multiple reports are reporting…

Last edited:

XciteMePls

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
My iPhone X (256 GB) has been operating smoothly and mostly reliably since I got it almost 4 years ago... It still looks new because I have OCD so I baby these things (nothing too crazy though)... But man I can't WAIT to finally upgrade my iPhone this year. I need something new and bigger... The original iPhone X screen is too small for my tastes when mobile browsing.

I'm just excited for the 13 Pro Max. I really hope its camera is one of the biggest improvements for it. Sometimes I think the X takes poor photos even under optimal lighting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.