Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alkalidodo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Katsina,Nigeria
My phone becomes too dark in sunlight, I have moved slider to the maximum, the auto brightness unchecked and so also the reduced white white point. Please help

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Have a tough time believing it is due to heat. I live in San Diego which gets quite warm. 86 today. My 12 Pro Max never has that issue. Never happened with my 11 Pro Max either and we had a lot of days over 100 last year. In fact we had several days over 110. My screens have been very easy to see.

Unless I am unaware of something possibly.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
My phone becomes too dark in sunlight, I have moved slider to the maximum, the auto brightness unchecked and so also the reduced white white point. Please help
My 12 Pro Max did this last week. I was taking video of my grandkids at a skateboard park and the screen got so dark you could not see anything at all. It was bright and sunny, with temp at about 90F. The screen seems normal otherwise. I just wanted to add my comment since it seems this is an unusual thing from the few comments here.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Have a tough time believing it is due to heat. I live in San Diego which gets quite warm. 86 today. My 12 Pro Max never has that issue. Never happened with my 11 Pro Max either and we had a lot of days over 100 last year. In fact we had several days over 110. My screens have been very easy to see.

Unless I am unaware of something possibly.

The screen will dim if it does overheat. 110 isn't really that hot for electronics. Now if its in the sun and you are using it doing someone power intensive and its 110 out it my start throttling and such.

Reactions: firedept
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.