Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Hey guys,

My new iPhone 12 Pro is not receiving iMessages. I went onto my iPad and Apple Watch and a new text message appears that I got earlier today. This also appears on my Mac.

Unfortunately, I don’t see this new message on my phone.

Any idea why this could be? This is literally the only problem I am having with the phone right now. Other than that, it’s great!

snowatom

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
I have the exact same problem on my iPhone 12 mini. I receive imessages on my Apple Watch and iPad, but they don't show up on my iPhone. Very annoying.

torment12345

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2015
My wife’s new 12 Pro still doing this. Restored it and turned off iMessage and back on with no change. Got two other friends with the same problem. Gonna return it, she’s missing important work stuff.

snowatom

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2011
Denmark
My wife’s new 12 Pro still doing this. Restored it and turned off iMessage and back on with no change. Got two other friends with the same problem. Gonna return it, she’s missing important work stuff.
Well. If it's any consolation, if more people have this issue, it’s surtain to be fixed with an update, and it is most likely also affecting older iPhones.

torment12345

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2015
My phone is fine and all the others around work with non 12 phones have been fine. Her computer and iPad work just fine
Well. If it's any consolation, if more people have this issue, it’s surtain to be fixed with an update, and it is most likely also affecting older iPhones.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
In the past I fixed iMessage issues by doing the following:
  • Turn off iMessage on all devices
  • Go to the Apple "deregister iMessage" site and deregister your number.
  • Reboot the devices
  • Turn on iMessage on the phone first (Wait till it registers) then turn on the other devices.

Worth a try.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
To those that are not receiving iMessages, is this with an existing number/SIM card or new?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.