Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kent viggo

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
Sweden
luxury color? They sell these at Walmart....

boo hoo the color isn’t what you would call “pacific blue”.
#bluegate blue iPhones matter

What does making such a comment give you? It doesnt matter to me and people are entitled to their own opinion but come on,why make such a comment?
luxury color? They sell these at Walmart....

boo hoo the color isn’t what you would call “pacific blue”.
#bluegate blue iPhones matter

Is that how you talk to people in real life? If so, i I wish you a speedy recovery❤️

Reactions: Never mind

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
I actually really like the pacific blue from what Ive seen. The "Pacific" in Pacific Blue is an obvious nod to the Pacific Ocean. I live 6 miles from the Pacific Ocean and go there quite a bit. Its not a deep blue color, it does indeed have a greenish hue to it, hence the color of the iPhone.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Yeah its a green tinged blue, almost aqua. I would like a true navy, but I like the Pacific Blue well enough. It will probably look different in different lights though.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Here you go

Pacific Blue.png

Reactions: CarolG

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
They got the blue colour right on the iPhone 12, was expecting a sexy dark midnight blue matte finish on the pros. 🥺

Oh well looks like it'll be a silver pro max this year with a deep navy silicone case. 😊

Not going to be easy waiting till November 6th, then shipping on the 13th 😳😱😔

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
They got the blue colour right on the iPhone 12, was expecting a sexy dark midnight blue matte finish on the pros. ?

Oh well looks like it'll be a silver pro max this year with a deep navy silicone case. ?

Not going to be easy waiting till November 6th, then shipping on the 13th ???

Tired of dark and drab special iPhone Pro colors. I wish they made that mint green or the blue from the iPhone 11 in Max. Thankfully Pacific Blue is at least a bit lighter. Hope everyone hates it and goes for the other colors so I make sure to get one.

Reactions: Lyn2012 and LFC2020

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I saw the Pacific Blue and while the edge looks super crisp and nice, as I saw the phone more, it does have a "green" tint to it. It's blue but not full on blue. Looked ok in the beginning but got old after the keynote. I love blue but wouldn't want to be stuck with it honestly.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
What does making such a comment give you? It doesnt matter to me and people are entitled to their own opinion but come on,why make such a comment?

Is that how you talk to people in real life? If so, i I wish you a speedy recovery❤

Your statement wasn’t accurate. Don’t take it personally.

And people love speaking to me in real life. Always uplifting! Luxury tint guy.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I liked the copper-bronze on the XS Max I had better. The copper-bronze is why I bought it - it wasn’t really gold-gold. I’m partial to silver over gold. Most of my jewelry is white gold and silver.

If you really like Gold, you should go for it. It’s probably the truest Gold they have brought out to date.

Blue is my favorite color, partly why I haven’t changed my avatar in years. I have been waiting for YEARS for Apple to have a blue phone. So I’m really biased and will tell you to get Pacific Blue even if Gold is your favorite color, lol
What are your thoughts about the Gold color this year?
Sone of the reviewers are calling it “Champagne Gold.” It is a more subtle gold this year. My jewelry is all gold. I am going for the Gold 12 Pro Max.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I actually really like the pacific blue from what Ive seen. The "Pacific" in Pacific Blue is an obvious nod to the Pacific Ocean. I live 6 miles from the Pacific Ocean and go there quite a bit. Its not a deep blue color, it does indeed have a greenish hue to it, hence the color of the iPhone.
Same here. Looks gorgeous to me, I’m definitely planning to get a Max in this color.

And bring on the dislike....it’ll only shorten my waiting time so keep it coming folks :D

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020

You do realise the water colour depends on the sand colour? I live on east coast of Australia and the Pacific Ocean changes colour all up and down the coast in shallow and deep water. From deep blue to aqua blue to greenish.

Reactions: DexBell

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
I totally agree, and I made an illustrstion to show this:

View attachment 966312

The color in the middle is what we should be getting. It would be coherent with the elegant and luxury color of the 11 pro.

Instead we get something in between blue and green, shown on the left, and it saddens me.

The 12 pro pacific blue is a color that doesnt know what it wants to be, its a bad design choice and quite unlike Apple. It feels like they rushed it and produced a color that doesnt...punch.. its ambiguous.
Apple has a history of "ambiguous" colors as you call it. My boyfriend has the green Pro 11 Max. It is much darker irl than it is in these pictures. The new graphite introduced with the Apple Watch Series 6 is also different than it is in the pictures. Depending on the lighting, colors can look completely different.

Apple doesn't rush anything. Especially not colors. This color has been chosen from hundreds of shades. However the problem with colors is: everyone has an opinion on colors. We either like a color or we don't like it. I for one am not a huge fan of the new gold color. But many people seem to like it. But I love the new pacific blue.

And lastly it is called pacific blue. The Pacific Ocean in the San Fransisco Area is not royal blue. It is a mixture between greenish and blueish hues. So Apple made the conscious decision to not have a royal or navy blue.

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
Didn't realize how "bland" the colors of the normal iPhone look. But i guess it was already that way with the 11.
I prefer the "shiny" look of the Pro.

We should also remember they are under tv studio lighting - which is one of the most unrealistic lighting conditions. The phones still might look a bit different in your hand at home.

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
anyone else notice that? i wish it's more like mid-night blue, looks to me it's similar to the mid-night green of the 11 pro but with hue of blue added. am i seeing it correctly?
I totally agree with you. With names like "Pacific", "Caribbean", etc. the color of blue usually is a teal-ish color. I prefer a true blue but from the photos on the Apple site it looks like this is teal.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
You do realise the water colour depends on the sand colour? I live on east coast of Australia and the Pacific Ocean changes colour all up and down the coast in shallow and deep water. From deep blue to aqua blue to greenish.

There are several factors, not just sand. For instance, the water in Malibu up closer to LA looks different than the water down south in San Diego

MayaTlab

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
View attachment 966312

The color in the middle is what we should be getting. It would be coherent with the elegant and luxury color of the 11 pro.

In the luxury market it's actually the tertiary colours that tend to evoke elegance and sophistication. Stuff that requires names like burgundy, rust, teal, "Cactus", etc.
Primary or secondary colours are the ones more frequently associated with less sophistication, precisely because of how easy they are to pinpoint.
There's a reason supermarket or sport brands tends to favour primary, "obvious" colours.

The 12 pro pacific blue is a color that doesnt know what it wants to be, its a bad design choice and quite unlike Apple. It feels like they rushed it and produced a color that doesnt...punch.. its ambiguous.

I feel that it's just that you'd have preferred it to be a more frank, primary blue.

BTW in the last few years we've seen blue/green mixes become a bit of a fad in interior designs, frequently associated with bronze / copper.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It's a shade of lighter blue where 12 is closer to navy blue

Certainly not green from what I've seen

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
Its called pacific blue, like, after the Pacific Ocean. So with the ocean reference, it has this little green tint i guess?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Colour is a very personal thing. If the blue Apple chose isn’t to your liking, then get another colour?

I personally like the teal shade of blue they’ve chosen and I bet it’ll look different in person and under different lighting conditions.

interbear

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
UK
I quite like the Pacific Blue but I’d have preferred a blue to match the Apple Watch series 6 blue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.