Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomdkat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2022
S.F. Bay Area
Hi! I'm new here and hope to contribute useful information, at some point. :) I'm helping a friend transition from Windows 10 to an iMac and part of that transition involves getting her Apple ID sorted out. We accomplished that and it's all setup on her shiny new 24" iMac but we're having problems with her iPhone. She wants to use her updated Apple ID on her iPhone but when we try to change it, we get the error indicating the email address used for the Apple ID is the same email address as the notification email address and they can't be the same.

Ok, I understand that BUT the issue is we can't find the notification email address so we can change it! We've looked in the notification settings and we see notifications we can enable and disable but we can't find the notification email address, itself.

Any ideas on how and where to find this notification email address?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

tomdkat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2022
S.F. Bay Area

https://www.icloud.com/
Thanks again for the response! So, we logged into iCloud and I checked the settings. I didn't see a "notification" email address, per se, but I saw the email address associated with the account. I was able to add a second email address, to the account, but I couldn't remove the one that was there because the email address is the same as the Apple ID, itself. Adding the second address didn't seem to make much difference. So, we might be stuck.

Peace...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.