Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
Two times my iPhone 12 pro has been unresponsive. First time when using spotlight search, the screen wouldn’t let me tap an app, or anywhere in spotlight. The only gestures working was control centre and the home swipe.

Then today, it happened when in my phone contacts. It wouldn’t let me tap a contact or scroll, only the control centre and home swipe would work.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
Apple support believe it may be a software issue but there’s no way to tell, diagnostics were okay.

zaccor

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Two times my iPhone 12 pro has been unresponsive. First time when using spotlight search, the screen wouldn’t let me tap an app, or anywhere in spotlight. The only gestures working was control centre and the home swipe.

Then today, it happened when in my phone contacts. It wouldn’t let me tap a contact or scroll, only the control centre and home swipe would work.
When I'm in a contact card, and I tap "Call," it doesn't do anything. If I hit "Message" it works. If I hit "Pay" it works. But not call. Also iphone 12 pro.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
When I'm in a contact card, and I tap "Call," it doesn't do anything. If I hit "Message" it works. If I hit "Pay" it works. But not call. Also iphone 12 pro.

I also get that!! So strange and didn’t get it on my iPhone X. Annoying as that tap option is my go to rather than tapping the number instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.