Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I have this very strange language issue on my iPhone 12 Pro which I can’t seem to solve.

When I got my new 12 Pro I transferred all the data directly from my 11 Pro. Everything seemed fine and working the same as before (I love that direct transfer functionality). However after a couple of days I noticed this:

91E30B5D-CB59-4878-8462-535E1CCC806C.jpeg

My holidays calendar showed UK instead of Netherlands.

So I checked the region settings in General and it was set like always to Netherlands. I changed it to something else and back to Netherlands and in the calendar app it showed holidays from the Netherlands again. Problem solved.

The next day however it showed UK again! And I have another app (Flitsmeister), that is set to show the app in Dutch, giving me navigation directions with an English voice trying to pronounce Dutch words and phrases which also always was speaking Dutch before.

I have my phone setup like this:

- Language: English UK
- App language order: English, Dutch
- Region: Netherlands
- Siri: Dutch
- Some apps manually set to Dutch in Settings

It was fine on iOS 14.1 on my 11 Pro, but having these strange issues on 14.1 and 14.2 on my 12 Pro.

Anyone else noticing this?

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Simply turn off the UK holidays calendar and add your own Netherlands Calendar subscription:

Yeah I had already added the Dutch holidays calendar in my Google Calendar for now. But it seems like it’s more than just the holidays calendar defaulting to English as one other app now has a part of the app using English while everything else is set to Dutch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.