Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will the 12 line release in September?

• Yes. All iPhone 12 models will be available in September.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • Staggered release: some models will be released in Sept. some later

Votes: 89 41.4%
  • No models will be available in September. They will launch later

Votes: 91 42.3%

• Total voters

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Being predictable isn’t what Apple wants. For the first time in over three years, it’s been one year we haven’t had that many substantial leaks that have been divulged through code (Like the HomePod code for example), aside from some physical hardware docs and CADs, I’m expecting some type of ‘surprise element‘ that hasn’t been exposed yet.

Can’t see the surprise happening, Prosser has already put up a video of the iPhone 12 on YouTube having 120hz in display setting and leaked the camera features as well.

Can only see more leaks occurring from here on in leading up to the event.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I always find the leaks between January and June tend to be quite appealing and then over the final few months we have confirmation all the really cool features aren’t actually happening.

It wasn’t long ago the price leaks got quite a buzz and now the latest leaks suggest there’s a possibility there will be an increase. The base storage leak of 128GB minimum got people excited and now that may not be happening at all. This suggestion the new models will have flat sides also seems to be looking like only the pro models will get this if some of the renders are to be believed. I’m looking forward to upgrading but not massively excited i’ll be honest.

Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I’m looking forward to upgrading but not massively excited i’ll be honest.

Same here, only things I’m looking forward to over my xs max is improved battery life, night mode, and hopefully 120hz, apart from that nothing else really stands out. Please don’t say the new lidar sensor. ?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Same here, only things I’m looking forward to over my xs max is improved battery life, night mode, and hopefully 120hz, apart from that nothing else really stands out. Please don’t say the new lidar sensor.

It’s a significant upgrade for me anyway as I’m currently using an 8+. It’ll be my first iPhone with FaceID and OLED so it’s quite a lot to have all at once. Not going for a Pro model though so 120Hz and Lidar won’t be present I doubt. Fancying the 6.1” Max :)

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
It’s a significant upgrade for me anyway as I’m currently using an 8+. It’ll be my first iPhone with FaceID and OLED so it’s quite a lot to have all at once. Not going for a Pro model though so 120Hz and Lidar won’t be present I doubt. Fancying the 6.1” Max :)

Will be a huge upgrade for you, you’ll love Face ID, and using the phone without a home button is so much quicker, I can’t go back to a physical home button anymore, love the swipe gestures. ?

Looks like you picked the right time to upgrade, the non pro models will be getting a full HD panel and a oled screen this year. They are going to fly off the shelf, smart buy.

I’m a sucker for big screens, 6.7” pro for me, was hoping for a 7” iPhone. oh well. ?

What color you got in mind for the 12?

Wish apple would bring out more colors for the pro models.

Let bring home another trophy tomorrow #YNWA ????

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

fitcious

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
You’d be surprised how few people watch or know about these events in the grand scheme of things. Nearly everyone I know owns an iPhone or uses Apple products, but I know only one or two who watch the launch events. My wife thinks I’m sad when I watch the stream. Most of the awareness comes from tv ads and articles.

When there’s a keynote I always watch it without disturbances. I tell my wife to not bug me for a few hours lol. I treat it as a movie or something..my ‘alone’ time

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Will be a huge upgrade for you, you’ll love Face ID, and using the phone without a home button is so much quicker, I can’t go back to a physical home button anymore, love the swipe gestures.

Looks like you picked the right time to upgrade, the non pro models will be getting a full HD panel and a oled screen this year. They are going to fly off the shelf, smart buy.

I’m a sucker for big screens, 6.7” pro for me, was hoping for a 7” iPhone. oh well.

What color you got in mind for the 12?

Wish apple would bring out more colors for the pro models.

Let bring home another trophy tomorrow #YNWA
I don’t mind the home button as it’s always been really quick in my 8+ but also looking forward to change. I’ll probably be boring and get all black again as I don’t like my phone to stand out and like the stealth look.

Should beat Arsenal I hope lol.
When there’s a keynote I always watch it without disturbances. I tell my wife to not bug me for a few hours lol. I treat it as a movie or something..my ‘alone’ time
My wife has more Apple products than I do and uses everything from Macs to iPhones but doesn’t participate online discussing it. She tends to look into things when she needs them rather than know what is constantly coming out. I find a lot of people are like that though. We on here are quite rare I think.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I don’t mind the home button as it’s always been really quick in my 8+ but also looking forward to change. I’ll probably be boring and get all black again as I don’t like my phone to stand out and like the stealth look.

Should beat Arsenal I hope lol.

Didn’t mind the home button either, but once you use gestures oh boy it’s so much quicker and feels like it was always the way it should of been done.

I’ll stick with silver again this year lol, scared to get a different color, to many horror stories out there where the color ends up discoloring or scratching on the frame. Since apple care plus won’t cover it if it does happen, play it safe silver it is. ?

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Can’t see the surprise happening, Prosser has already put up a video of the iPhone 12 on YouTube having 120hz in display setting and leaked the camera features as well.

Can only see more leaks occurring from here on in leading up to the event.

I wasn’t inferring 120 Hz will be the ‘surprise’, I meant something as in like software related or another element that hasn’t been exposed yet. 120 Hz displays have been discussed for the course over two years now. If you recall the ‘HomePod code’ leak, that literally revealed everything, even pictures of the Apple Watch with the ‘red digital crown’. My point being, we don’t know everything that’s being revealed here, just what was discussed over the course of the last 12 months.

MacStreamer

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2020
How disappointed will some of you be if the notch isn’t any smaller? I would be a little surprised if they weren’t able to shrink it any after 3 years.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
How disappointed will some of you be if the notch isn’t any smaller? I would be a little surprised if they weren’t able to shrink it any after 3 years.

The whole ‘notch’ aspect is so trivial about the iPhone. The ‘some of you’ is the ones who complain that doesn’t account of the component technology stored behind the notch. No one, and I mean no consumer outside a tech site will be ‘disappointed’ about the notch. What Apple focuses on, certainly isn’t worried about disappointing the .0001% of extremists on a ‘tech sites’ like this, they’re focuses on marketing battery life, new display technology, Camera enhancements, etc. I’ve never met anyone away from this site mention anything about the notch.

Lets say Apple was able to even shrink the notch by a minimal fraction, it shows components reduction is maturing, but does that really change anything else if The reduction is barely discernible to the eye? Probably not.

Last edited:
1598723496376.jpeg

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
For people who are bothered by oled, I guess we’re stuck waiting for the se 2 plus, assuming it actually comes out.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, it’s going to be an expensive month for me. New iPhone, new watch, new iPad.

Will wait for new Mac-arm based.

Same here, new iPhone and arm MacBook Pro. 🥺😂

Selling my XS max will help ease the pain a little bit.😂 Don't want to rip off anyone by selling them my 2016 13" MacBook Pro with the remarkable, reliable butterfly keyboard lol.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For people who are bothered by oled, I guess we’re stuck waiting for the se 2 plus, assuming it actually comes out.

I’m wanting to replace my work iPhone 8+ with the ‘SE Plus’. I find touch ID is more useful to me and my applications with travel for work with the physical home button. More than anything, Apple commented that touch ID would still have a place it’s future, rather that meant if it was under the display or holding true to what we’re seeing with entry level iPad, the iPhone SE 2, and possibly the iPhone SE Plus. The way I see it, there’s no reason why Apple shouldn’t release the iPhone SE Plus, as it’s only another expansion for another option aside from the 4.7 inch SE.

Same here, new iPhone and arm MacBook Pro. 🥺😂

Selling my XS max will help ease the pain a little bit.😂 Don't want to rip off anyone by selling them my 2016 13" MacBook Pro with the remarkable, reliable butterfly keyboard lol.
What about Apple watch??? I was thinking of going all out and getting an Hermēs Model lol I'm gonna be so broke by end of this year ;(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.