Other iPhone 12 rumours- 64mp camera, night mode on all cameras, 4400 battery

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
I don't get why people will rush out to get this phone? It will look like the *exact* same as the last 3 years. Well maybe it will be square shaped. It'll will have that same dumb notch. Or a maybe everybody just is dying to get the new blue color? The A13 chip? Can someone explain what the draw is for the iPhone 12?

Reactions: tt061282

tt061282

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
I don't get why people will rush out to get this phone? It will look like the *exact* same as the last 3 years. Well maybe it will be square shaped. It'll will have that same dumb notch. Or a maybe everybody just is dying to get the new blue color? The A13 chip? Can someone explain what the draw is for the iPhone 12?
Hopefully it has the A14 chip, but I completely understand where you’re coming from. Smartphones have hit a serious plateau and I don’t think these foldable devices are the future either. I think they’re just the bridge to what the future will be. Until then ... iPhone 7 and above will suffice and that’s just the truth.

I used to be that person that stood in line to get the next iPhone, but looking back at it I don’t think it was worth it then and it for sure is not worth it now. The truth is the differences from the A10 of 2016 and the A13 of 2019 is not that much in real world usage and starting with Apple’s A10 was when I really believe people started to be comfortable with the chipset. Nothing is changing that anytime soon as there is only so far the A14 and the Snapdragon 975 can go...

Reactions: bryanc28

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
That dumb notch is needed to have the best unlock security on the market

Reactions: Simacca and ericwn

ericwn

macrumors 601
Apr 24, 2016
As it has been said before these devices have plateaued - what do we feel that’s missing still? Not much in my opinion. Most improvements will be incremental year over year.

Most people keep their devices for a few years, and when they want to upgrade they’ll just get the latest one on offer.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
The 'dumb' notch is only noticed or commented on by people who don't own or use these products.

I've never found the notch to be a problem in the slightest - in fact it's part of the design. I watch film on it whilst traveling and it's superb.

It'll probably come with variable 120 hz ProMotion which would be a game changer like the iPad Pro. This means that it would drop to 23.976 whilst watching a film and raise to 120 hz whilst scrolling so depending on your use, it could in fact save battery power!

The camera will be even better along with a new design. So yes, it's definitely exciting. People bitched that the iPhone 11 Pro was going to be nothing exciting and just look what happened - it turned out to be the best smartphone in the history of smartphones!

Less negativity please and more embracing this magical device that in reality has replaced 100+ devices all in one!

ab2c4

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
I understand that they would need to go with bigger batteries because of the 5g modems, but won't that also make the phones even heavier than they are now?

ericwn

macrumors 601
Apr 24, 2016
I understand that they would need to go with bigger batteries because of the 5g modems, but won't that also make the phones even heavier than they are now?
As we don’t know anything for sure yet we can only speculate about energy consumption. We don’t know how iOS will deal with the new processor, modem and display - I’d rather wait until it’s released to get some real world experience before I worry about shorter battery or heavier batteries.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It will yeah but the 11 pro max was too

Spinrite

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm expecting that the next edition release will have usb c instead of lightening. If that is true i'll get it. I hate this lightening port its so limiting.

Last edited:

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
What I don't get is that Apple can hide the camera in the iPad Pro, why can't they just make a smaller version of the Pro and call it an iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.