Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 12 vs. iPhone 12 Pro Buyer's Guide

Codpeace

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
NYC
The zoom features are actually quite useful for those who don't see so well. Say you are somewhere like a restaurant and can't read the menu well or want to read a car plate down the street. A lot of times a good optical camera these days can be like wearing glasses without the need of wearing glasses. These 2 car plates could not have been read without zoom from a smartphone and the same with what the sign read on this sign. More helpful in reading things from a distance. Like having two types of glasses in 1
View attachment 969804 View attachment 969805 View attachment 969806
That moving gate graphic is glorious... like the perfect, but curious, combination of celebration and violent, crushing expiry. Plus Gumby.

Reactions: stylinexpat

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G4
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The zoom features are actually quite useful for those who don't see so well. Say you are somewhere like a restaurant and can't read the menu well or want to read a car plate down the street. A lot of times a good optical camera these days can be like wearing glasses without the need of wearing glasses. These 2 car plates could not have been read without zoom from a smartphone and the same with what the sign read on this sign. More helpful in reading things from a distance. Like having two types of glasses in 1
View attachment 969804 View attachment 969805 View attachment 969806
I guess some people use it more than others. The zoom on the iPhone 12 maintains good picture quality from experience now so I guess I didn’t need the Pro after all.

ihsanberk

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
In my country iPhone 12 is 1500$ and iPhone 12 pro is 1950 $ because of government taxes. Also one more year guarantee is included the price. My phone is X now. But I want to change it. So what will you prefer to me about buying iPhone 12/pro. Are the listed features deserve the 450$ or not? I believe that you’re saying now iPhone 12 should not buy with this price. Thanks for our government ( I don t want to specify my country here. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.