Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saiyanwei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
Anyone else annoyed that they moved the volume control and power button lower towards the middle of the phone? Not sure if this is to accommodate people with smaller hands but since my hands are large, I'm finding it a bit annoying and having to orient my hand uncomfortably to access the buttons. anyone else?

nickdos

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
I find it a bit annoying, simply because I have muscle memory for the buttons being higher. I'll get used to it eventually. I think they moved them down to fit in the larger camera bump, possibly.

Saiyanwei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
I find it a bit annoying, simply because I have muscle memory for the buttons being higher. I'll get used to it eventually. I think they moved them down to fit in the larger camera bump, possibly.
got it. thanks, good to know i'm not alone... i liked the buttons up top more. i originally assumed they moved it on purpose so they can sell more cases since the 12's no longer fit..

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
got it. thanks, good to know i'm not alone... i liked the buttons up top more. i originally assumed they moved it on purpose so they can sell more cases since the 12's no longer fit..
That's a nonsense reason made up by people who are too cynical to see that the enlarged camera bump wouldn't fit iPhone 12 cases anyway so the button location doesn't really matter at that point.

MarkMissoula

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
No issues with the power button location on my pro but the sharp corners feel like they will slice open your finger.

vtandon2215

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2024
Apple is the type of company that always plans ahead. I think the volume buttons were moved down to avoid conflict with the dynamic island

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.