Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronniejoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
Looking at amazon and see they have a Torras Crystal Case that seem to have very good reviews.

The armband, most popular seem to be the Tribe Water Armband.

Are these the best ones for case and armband? I do not want to spend a lot of money on those otterbox cases which are not only bulky and I do not like those. I prefer like a plastic case on the back of the iphone. Not like it covers the entire iphone etc.

What about the armband? I see some cheaper ones but those don't seem to have that reviews.

Thanks.

Jupiter9

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2021
why would you use a case on your phone? unless you do extreme sports or work in really harsh conditions it's useless

• Sad
Reactions: DeepIn2U

ronniejoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
Why in the world would you not use a case? If it drops, it can protect it etc.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Just bought mini and went with leather case from Apple. I prefer thin cases and this is great, better grip. My running pants have a back pocket in small of the back where the mini resides. I use Samsung buds 2 which are comfortable and good fit, often find myself forgetting I have them.

Spike77777

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
Utah
Just bought mini and went with leather case from Apple. I prefer thin cases and this is great, better grip. My running pants have a back pocket in small of the back where the mini resides. I use Samsung buds 2 which are comfortable and good fit, often find myself forgetting I have them.
Which Samsung buds did you get? Looking for an alternative to airpods.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
why would you use a case on your phone? unless you do extreme sports or work in really harsh conditions it's useless

Sounds like someone that never went outside. I've dropped quite a few phones since 1999, and I can tell you VERY few survived more than 1 drop without a ding/scratch/crack/chip without a case. Feature phones back in the day seemed to have less damage on the initial drop due to plastic shells, and MUCH lighter overall weight. dropping those you did the football fumble dance that soon turned into a soccer keep-ups with your knees, and then finally tacky-sacking until drop.

Cases DO help protect the outer shell, heck I dropped my 12 mini using a Pitaka MagEZ case which is SUPER thin and although I have a few cracks on the screen protector and a tiny tiny tiny chip no dents no damage internally no internal rattling noises - something MANY forget when dropping their phones can cause damage internally. This was on pure outdoor concrete.

And no I don't do extreme sports ... if I did then the toughest case would be used or I would NOT bring my phone doing the extreme sports in the first place as I'm playing a sport.

ronniejoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
Okay can someone post actual links to the cases they have for their iphone 13 mini?

Also how come I cannot find any iphone 13 mini armbands? I do see some on amazon but none of the reviews seem to be talking about the 13 mini so not sure if it is even compatible or not.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I asked, but you didn't answer: are you using the armband for running? If so, possibly consider using a running belt instead. There are a number of them that will fit the phone perfectly.

ronniejoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
I just took a look at a running belt. First off, it will cost around the same as an armband. The other issue is well how can you change songs or use it when its in your belt area?

So does anyone have specific links to armbands for this? I see a few of them on amazon.

One is called Tribe Water Resistant cell Phone Armband Case Running Holder but the issue is I'm not sure if it would fit the mini? I see there are three different sizes so small would work? But no reviews from people who has the mini for this though? I only see reviews for the old iphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.