Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dadiy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Just noticed today with the iPhone 13 pro max connected to CarPlay when I play a YouTube video on the phone that it instantly disconnects. Previously with the 12 pro max the sound would have come out of the car. Tested with my old 12 pro max with iOS 15 and it’s still working as before, just me or another iPhone 13 bug?

Ak47danny89

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
I also have the same issue. Carplay does come up for me but as soon as i try to play any type of audio (Spotify, Music, Pandora, IG, Youtube etc.) it disconnects. I tried my iphone xs max with iOS 15 and it works perfectly fine. I have even restored the iPhone 13 Pro Max and it does the same thing.

Attachments

• 37EFD0FB-EFE9-45E6-8388-0DDE7EAED41E.jpeg
    37EFD0FB-EFE9-45E6-8388-0DDE7EAED41E.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 379

DuncanSAU

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Same issue with me. Any form of audio disconnects it - wired or wireless. Everything else works well, including phone calls. Glad it isn’t my handset so hoping a fix is released soon!!!
- iPhone 13 Pro. iOS15.0

Blackforge

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
My vehicle with wireless CarPlay has worked without issue so far with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Haven't tried it plugged up in my other vehicle yet. Did need to delete the Wireless network associated with my vehicle, delete the previous iPhone connection in the settings of the car, and then reconnect through Bluetooth first.

I did have Waze scuff up my audio for a bit when I tried to use the the microphone to set a destination. Had to kill the Waze app to restore the audio quality.

Edit: Tried wired CarPlay with a Kenwood 9904S. It ran fine without issues. My upgrade was via an iPhone Transfer.

Last edited:

Jerry B

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
As of right now my iPhone 13 pro dropping any music platform audio (including Apple Music) and disconnects the entire phone from Carplay.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
My vehicle is wireless carplay and used it today with my 13 Pro max and so far no issues. Waze worked fine.

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
I only used with Google Maps on CarPlay today, just got some directions to Panera Bread and the phone was just blazing hot when I disconnected. I was too scarred to connect it again

Phunkfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Same issue here with iPhone 13 Pro Max. CarPlay works until I try and play any audio and then just disconnects and reconnects over and over. Also Bluetooth only works if you have the app open. As soon as I move off the Spotify screen it stops working.

Jerry B

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Fixed, settings, general, scroll down to reset, choose reset all settings. This erase will disable your phone for a minute, and you will be prompted after reset to allow notifications, etc you will need to set multiple function once again but will fix CarPlay.

SirWill

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2021
Pacific Northwest
First time I ever used Apple Car Play was today with my 1st iPhone ever the 13 Pro Max. Wired. Was able to use Google maps (use to it from Android Auto), and listened to music via the spotify app in carplay. Didn't try to run any media directly on the phone if that is what you guys are talking about. For me, I had zero issues with anything with Carplay. In fact, I like it for the most part more than Android Auto. Well having full screen on my portrait big screen radio deck was awesome unlike my Android Auto setup that was 1/2 screen for AA only. The one thing I haven't found is a way to hide icons in carplay that I won't ever use likely and only have the ones I plan to use. AA I could do that. I guess I'm just reporting that I had no such issues today. I did install the OS Security patch update that was available on Day 1.

Reactions: Jerry B

Jerry B

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
First time I ever used Apple Car Play was today with my 1st iPhone ever the 13 Pro Max. Wired. Was able to use Google maps (use to it from Android Auto), and listened to music via the spotify app in carplay. Didn't try to run any media directly on the phone if that is what you guys are talking about. For me, I had zero issues with anything with Carplay. In fact, I like it for the most part more than Android Auto. Well having full screen on my portrait big screen radio deck was awesome unlike my Android Auto setup that was 1/2 screen for AA only. The one thing I haven't found is a way to hide icons in carplay that I won't ever use likely and only have the ones I plan to use. AA I could do that. I guess I'm just reporting that I had no such issues today. I did install the OS Security patch update that was available on Day 1.
The issue seems to occur to anyone who switches Apple devices and has constructive settings so no worries for new users! I also swapped a few years back from Android and was a blast from freezing up Android phone to Apple.

Reactions: SirWill

Ak47danny89

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
@Jerry B thank you so much I followed your instructions and it is not working I think the issue is for people who are using the restore from iCloud back up or coming from another iPhone who are having issues. If you set up your iPhone like Neil then I don’t think you will have the problem. I can confirm that after resetting the settings all my CarPlay features are working including Spotify Pandora Apple Music YouTube Waze Google maps and Apple Maps.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Just noticed today with the iPhone 13 pro max connected to CarPlay when I play a YouTube video on the phone that it instantly disconnects. Previously with the 12 pro max the sound would have come out of the car. Tested with my old 12 pro max with iOS 15 and it’s still working as before, just me or another iPhone 13 bug?
What type of car do you have?

dadiy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2010
What type of car do you have?

It’s a Ford.

sounds like a common problem it’s been listed on another Mac site as common along with the unlock with watch not working which I also have.

Dpjaay

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2021
Before reseting all settings, try going to Settings>Music and changing EQ to off. I had the same issue where everything on the wireless Apple CarPlay worked until I tried to play any type of music, from any app. I reset my settings and it worked, but as I was going through putting my settings the way I had it, I put EQ (equalizer) to Late Night and the music shut off and CarPlay disconnected once again. I switched it back to off and it stayed connected again.

dadiy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Before reseting all settings, try going to Settings>Music and changing EQ to off. I had the same issue where everything on the wireless Apple CarPlay worked until I tried to play any type of music, from any app. I reset my settings and it worked, but as I was going through putting my settings the way I had it, I put EQ (equalizer) to Late Night and the music shut off and CarPlay disconnected once again. I switched it back to off and it stayed connected again.
Thankyou. Turning late night eq to off fixes the problem.

Phunkfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Changing the EQ unfortunately did not work for me. It seemed to help as the music would play a little bit but eventually it would start the cycle of connecting and disconnecting.

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Try a software update. Apple stealth released an update. Still shows 15.0 After the update but there’s definitely an update. I’m not seeing this with CarPlay.

S1m0n

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2021
Thank you so much, this solved the problem for me!

Reactions: KnifeParty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.