Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgolca

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max and after recording a few videos I noticed there is a crackling noise within the first 3 seconds of some video recordings. It doesn’t happen every time but I noticed that it mainly occurs when recording music or video with a constant sound. I’m wondering if it may have something to do with recording in stereo sound. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their iPhone 13 or previous iPhones?

Monsterbit2021

Suspended
Nov 2, 2021
Did you upgrade the system?
Try to make a few more videos with differcent background sounds

also, do you use phone case? try to remove the case, and repeat the first step

cgolca

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Did you upgrade the system?
Try to make a few more videos with differcent background sounds

also, do you use phone case? try to remove the case, and repeat the first step
Yes it’s running the most recent iOS and no phone case. Picked up a second 13 Pro Max and it has the exact same issue. It only occurs when Stereo Sound is turned on for video recording.

Monsterbit2021

Suspended
Nov 2, 2021
Yes it’s running the most recent iOS and no phone case. Picked up a second 13 Pro Max and it has the exact same issue. It only occurs when Stereo Sound is turned on for video recording.
Did you get it fixed? You should go to Apple store

ntsyhaniuk

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2022
I have the same issue. But I've found out that if I open a camera->video, then 4k 60fps I don't hear that noise on standard zoom(1). But while I'm increasing it more than 3 - noize appears. Also, it appears immediately if hd quality selected. So I think that it is not reated to the background sounds etc, something wrong with some of camera modules.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.