Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomb97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
I recently bought my iPhone 13 pro. While I was cleaning it with a cloth I heard a clicking sound from the silent/ring switch. So I found out that the switch slightly moves vertically, about half a millimeter up and down, making a clicking sound. I asked some friends to check this thing on their phones. An iPhone 12 does the same, while an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPhone 13 don’t. I don’t know if I should consider this little “problem” normal, or at least acceptable, or not. Please, if you can, check this out on your phones and let me know. It would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
I recently bought my iPhone 13 pro. While I was cleaning it with a cloth I heard a clicking sound from the silent/ring switch. So I found out that the switch slightly moves vertically, about half a millimeter up and down, making a clicking sound. I asked some friends to check this thing on their phones. An iPhone 12 does the same, while an iPhone 12 Pro and an iPhone 13 don’t. I don’t know if I should consider this little “problem” normal, or at least acceptable, or not. Please, if you can, check this out on your phones and let me know. It would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
I can't detect any play at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.