Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I was getting ready to splurge on a 14 Pro but the more I (rationally) think about it the more I feel like sticking with my perfectly-proportioned 13 mini, battery percentage be damned! Not only would I save a bundle of cash not upgrading, but I really do love the mini’s diminutive size. I’ll save up for the next mini (if it materializes), or an iPhone without pills/punches—whichever comes first.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
We think you’re going to love it.
Me, trying to tell the difference between the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 at the Apple Park hands-on demo:

1661608075605.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Macalicious2011

we8me

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
All I want is usb-c. Is that so hard to understand? My iPad has it. My MacBook pro has it. My Samsung s22 has it. I share my fast charging usb-c cable with all of them. I only need one cable in my room, my kitchen, my car. Oh, except I have the one exception that can't share the cables with any of them, stupid iPhone.

we8me

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
All I want is usb-c. Is that so hard to understand? My iPad has it. My MacBook pro has it. My Samsung s22 has it. I share my fast charging usb-c cable with all of them. I only need one cable in my room, my kitchen, my car. Oh, except I have the one exception that can't share the cables with any of them, stupid iPhone.
Oh, and don't think I don't know the reason... license fees for lightning. Well those bean counters should be fired, they aren't doing the math correctly. Any idea how many people are waiting to upgrade just for usb-c?

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89

Heelpir8

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2019
Buying a 14 this year would mean extending the length of time that I’ll need to keep explaining the difference between lightning and USB-C cables to older friends and family for whom USB-C-based devices are becoming pretty common. No thanks.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
First, it is rather ridiculous to have a buyers guide based on speculation that has often proven to be incorrect around here. But I guess MR has to feed the fan clubs something...

Second, I personally have no intentions of upgrading my iPhone 13 Pro Max until at least iPhone 16. It seems ridiculous given my budget to throw away the kind of money an iPhone costs just to get the shiniest one each year, or a different color, especially when the upgrades are incremental and the bugs colossal!

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
So this is the " IIGS user phone upgrade timeline".

T minus Week 4~5:

Meh, well, I'm pretty happy with my 13 PM. I may upgrade, not a lot of meat on the bone. We will see.

T Minus Week 3~4:

Wow, some neat features. The camera is nice. This might be worth it. I mean, I think my carrier is offering me a free upgrade every year with trade in. I may do it. But, it's such a pain to get a new case, and all that. I don't know. Mrs. GS probably won't like it.

T minus Week 3~2:

Ooo. They announced the launch date. WOW, that camera looks like it's gonna be really cool. Checked my carrier web site and when I pay this month's bill I'm due for an upgrade with the trade. I may do it, but not 100% on board.

T minus 1 Week:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy the launch is next week.. I can't wait.

Pre order day:

Should I get up and order at midnight like I used to do? OH goodie goodie goodie! Order placed!

Ship Day:

Where's the frickn' FEDEX man? I think I saw him loafing down the street at double D. That lazy bum needs to get moving! I want my 14PM! Coffee? Lifting 50 LB boxes isn't really that hard when you're 30. Try getting out of bed at 50! Coffee my rumpus (IIGS usually has at least 2 cups a day just to move about).

Wash, rinse, repeat. I do it EVERY YEAR. Every year.

So the fruit company and their shiny new flagship phone Pown me. Every year without fail. I pay my carrier's activation fee, my bill doesn't go up, and I get a new phone. I do it every year.

My OL goes on about it, but she's using an 11 that barely makes it through the day on a full charge. Her bill is about the same as mine. Mind you we both get the same employer discount, but I get a break for carrying the internet bill. But I have the full super duper 5G package and she's got some olde tyme LTE unlimited package. She just paid off her phone and her bill goes down for a month or 2, then she gets a new phone and she's right back where she was. And an 11 really isn't worth crap in the open market these days. so instead, I just get the new phone every year, my carrier takes the old one back, and I'm not stuck worrying about dealing with it.

I may as well get an Apple tat.....:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.