Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
My iPhone 14 pro is 1 day old and has been connected to my car a couple times but 2 times today while scrolling down the screen connected to my Jeep via USB-C cable the screen stays on but becomes completely unresponsive to touch and stays that way for a couple hours the first time and then just started working on its own. The second time seems to not come out of it's "bricked" state. Apple support seems completely unable to assist. Anyone else see this issue yet. Now I'm phone less and it's driving me nuts. The idiots at support said I can send my phone in for service repair and the process will take 8 business days... I laughed.

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
just did it again after updating to 6.1 and plugged into an apple 20W brick and apple cable that came with the phone. Phone was pretty hot too so maybe this bricking issue is related to charging and not exactly the CarPlay software. All 3 times it's become unresponsive were plugged in charging.

Doctorsti

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
to update everyone although not sure anyone cares but my phone became a case study and I have a few follow up calls with Apple where they inquired every detail surrounding my unresponsive screen issue. I feel it was a hardware quality control problem and whatever connected the screen touch sensor to the motherboard was loose but I'm no phone technician. They ended up replacing my phone with a "refurb" although they said they were just new phones that didn't come in retail packaging since they didn't have returns yet to refurb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.