Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Hi,

I'm experiencing scrolling issues with my iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.0.2) within every app (not only safari) and also withing iOS settings when scrolling.

Seems like small stutters when scrolling slowly or it's short before stopping a 'scroll'.

Did you also experience those issues? Hope it will be solved in near future.

Reactions: Sandeepj

tcmoon

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2022
I also have been looking for help on this. iPhone 14 Pro Max (iOS 16.0.3). This has to be the most annoying bug and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Reactions: Sandeepj

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
You mean this may be a bug?

And here I was telling people the Promotion was crappier than the 13 Pros…

I guess we will find out on Monday.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
if it's anything like what I saw on the iPhone 12 Pro, then it'll probably not be resolved. countless number of hours on the phone with Apple Tech support and store Genius got nowhere...

on second thought, I did resolve it... by trading in that iPhone 12 Pro to Apple last year for $525 in Apple Gift Card. :)

Stevenser

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2022
This issue has been bugging me a lot and I wonder why so few people actually notice it.. It's very stuttery in some apps, I'm assuming it has to do with some virtual scrolling or background processes - as it mostly happens in a list of some sort, like categories or Instagram Feed.

I actually am sometimes able to exactly force the stutter on a certain scroll position, which makes me think it's at the moment that a new item gets loaded/unloaded into the virtual list, for example on Instagram.

I found it to be the most apparent in Twitch app while scrolling through the Categories-tab. Focusing on the text, it seems like the text is 'jittering/jumping' due to the stuttering and stutters while you scroll through it.

Would make sense as static webpages in Safari don't show this behaviour, because rarely is there virtual scrolling involved on static webpages.

@OP and others, is this what you are talking about?

Last edited:

Sandeepj

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
Sam here. Stutter and scroll up on many apps including NYT, messages, etc.

I wasted a screen protector because suggestions that it causes it. But the problems persist after removing it.

Also my case is an Apple case so it can’t be too tight I assume ( an other listed probable cause)

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
It must not be happening to every phone of this forum would be going crazy.

My 14PM scrolls buttery smooth with no issues.

Fcmckay

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2022
I just picked up my new 14 Pro, still setting up, and immediately found this issue in Gmail. The messages are unreadable while scrolling. NOT acceptable. Has anyone found anything more on it?

alfmoonspace

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
Ltpo screen not being optimized in certain apps still. Same thing is going on with the oneplus 10 pro.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Mine is too smooth. 14 PM latest iOS. Thinking about turning pro motion off because I find it irritating while scrolling. The eyes want to follow the letters because these are so clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.