Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srikat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
A thread for sharing reviews, articles and videos on iPhone 15 Plus.

—-

Laptop Mag writes:

“However, it seems like Apple took that personally with some fundamental upgrades that include a trip to the Dynamic Island, a USB-C port (finally), and a massive camera update. Combine that with the bigger battery afforded to the Plus by its super-sized stature, and you have what I believe to be the best option of the entire iPhone 15 lineup.”

srikat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
The best iPhone 15 this year is not the Pro or Pro Max, it's actually the iPhone 15 Plus. For its price, and for its feature set, it's easily the best iPhone for everyone. With an upgraded 48-megapixel camera, rounded edges, USB-C, and the addition of dynamic island, it's hands-down the best iPhone Apple's ever created.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I know you aren't the person who made this video, but how can it be the best iPhone Apple has ever created? All of it's features were on the iPhone 14 Pro last year, and the 15 Pro has better ones this year. It could be the best phone for the majority of people to buy, especially for the price, but it can't be the best phone they've ever created.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Best is subjective and that's why Apple marketing can say they make the best products on Earth even though it lacks for example, satellite voice and SMS features available from the competition.

The Plus clearly offers the best value for most consumers. If you're the type of person that's willing to pay $300 for that last 10% of performance, then it's not for you.

Some of the reviews remind me of XR/11. Back then, it was "nobody should buy an LCD in 2018!" Today, it's "nobody should buy a 60Hz display!"

Reactions: Hal~9000

Thor_9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Best is subjective and that's why Apple marketing can say they make the best products on Earth even though it lacks for example, satellite voice and SMS features available from the competition.

The Plus clearly offers the best value for most consumers. If you're the type of person that's willing to pay $300 for that last 10% of performance, then it's not for you.

Some of the reviews remind me of XR/11. Back then, it was "nobody should buy an LCD in 2018!" Today, it's "nobody should buy a 60Hz display!"
I really like the cameras on the Pro models. I feel it’s worth the price.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I really like the cameras on the Pro models. I feel it’s worth the price.

The 48MP sensor + 2X optical zoom on 15/Plus really brings the regular models closer to Pro. So if you told people 3X and 5X are missing, they wouldn't even know.

Thor_9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
The 48MP sensor + 2X optical zoom on 15/Plus really brings the regular models closer to Pro. So if you told people 3X and 5X are missing, they wouldn't even know.
Does the 15 plus have macro mode?

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I handled the plus today at a T-Mobile store (friend was getting their home internet.). Apple’s decision to round those edges definitely made a big difference to feel. But that older low refresh display tech annoyed me. Meanwhile, the Samsung galaxy fold was smooth and sexy and fast. If I leave Apple, it will be for a foldable.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I know you aren't the person who made this video, but how can it be the best iPhone Apple has ever created? All of it's features were on the iPhone 14 Pro last year, and the 15 Pro has better ones this year.
It weighs less and has a shallower camera bump, both of which are features. But arguably they meant the best iPhone (regular) created.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I still can’t believe at the end of the day I’m left with 71% that’s crazy. The phone is so light hardly know it’s there. Amazing device.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
The Plus is a great phone. I'm curious to see how much it sells. It seemed to have been a flop last year. I honestly wonder if Apple even needs it in their lineup. What's wrong with a big/small Pro and then just the 15?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The Plus is a great phone. I'm curious to see how much it sells. It seemed to have been a flop last year. I honestly wonder if Apple even needs it in their lineup. What's wrong with a big/small Pro and then just the 15?

The 15 Plus has a 2-week lead time for delivery and most Apple Stores are sold out. That should tell you it's pretty high in demand. The regular 15 is widely available for immediate pick up.

Reactions: kp98077

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
The 15 Plus has a 2-week lead time for delivery and most Apple Stores are sold out. That should tell you it's pretty high in demand. The regular 15 is widely available for immediate pick up.
Yes same where I’m at. Hard to get.

Reactions: Barbareren

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005

That could just be a function of lesser supply, especially since it didn't do well last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.