Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clary

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
15 Pro Max Natural Titanium. No case. Because it makes me think of ANDOR somehow :)

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Natural titanium, because...

blue-and-black-iphone-15-pro-and-pro-max-have-a-weird-v0-rkaergefeaob1.jpg
Because finger oils?

jarman92

macrumors 65832
Nov 13, 2014
I would've preferred gold, but they got rid of that color. So I went with the Blue Titanium PM 1TB. I keep my phone naked, so I, and everyone else, can see the color. :)

Natural looks pretty gold to me, which I assume is why they eliminated that option.

15 Pro 256 in Blue
Will miss the beautiful 13 Pro in Sierra Blue

Still haven't gotten over the loss of my Pacific Blue 12 Pro 😫

Reactions: timestride

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Went with the 14 Pro Max I currently have. If I was getting one I would have gone with the titanium blue. Just don't see the need for a new phone yearly anymore for minimal bumps in specs and minimal changes to design.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
Natural Titanium 15 Pro max 128 GB, black FineWoven case and matching MagSafe wallet to get Sept 22 delivery. Black Titanium model was back ordered to Nov 6th delivery.

chongchong

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2023

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are available in an entirely refreshed range of colors thanks to a new titanium design. The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro families have different color options, so if you have your heart set on a particular shade, you may not be able to get your preferred model in that color.

iPhone-15-Pro-Lineup-Feature.jpg

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are available in four colors, all of which are different from those available on last year's iPhone 14 Pro models. This year's iPhone color options are quite different from those offered in previous years because the device now features a titanium frame with a brushed texture and contoured edges, as opposed to the polished stainless steel offered since 2017's iPhone X. The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max's four available color options are:

• Black Titanium
  • White Titanium
  • Blue Titanium
  • Natural Titanium

The color option that Apple previously called "Silver," encompassing a design with silver metal and white glass, has been available on iPhones for over a decade. This is now "White Titanium" on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. This shade has been tweaked to feature a slightly more beige back glass and softer overall tone.

2022's "Space Black," which was previously "Graphite," is now simply "Black Titanium." It is more of an extremely rich, dark gray tone than deep black. Blue Titanium, on the other hand, appears to be more like navy blue, deeper than previous shades such as the iPhone 12 Pro's Pacific Blue. Black and Blue Titanium may be more likely to attract fingerprints on account of their darker finish. Scratches, scuffs, and dents could also be more visible on these finishes than White or Natural Titanium.

"Natural Titanium" is a wholly new shade that showcases the true color of the titanium frame with no color applied to its surface in the PVD process. The rear glass is a matching mid- to-light gray tone. The finish is very similar to that of the Apple Watch Ultra, which also has a titanium casing. It also harks back in some ways to the Space Gray finish of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S.

iphone-15-pro-max-camera.jpg

It is worth noting that there is no iPhone 15 Pro with a Gold finish. Gold was available through 2013's iPhone 5S to 2017's iPhone 8, and then on 2018's iPhone XS to 2022's iPhone 14 Pro. If you were a fan of this color in previous years, you will now need to look to one of the other options. The warm gray of Natural Titanium may be the best alternative.

How to Decide on a Color

If you use your iPhone with a case, you may wish to consider which device color will best complement it. You may prefer neutral tones such as White Titanium or Black Titanium and use a more colorful case. Alternatively, you could choose a more striking device color like Blue Titanium and use a more neutral case for an interesting contrast.

iphone-15-pro-finewoven-cases.jpg

White or Black Titanium may age better over time as new devices are released since they are more neutral, almost monochrome shades that tend to have a more timeless effect. If you do not use a case at all, you may wish to take advantage of a more eye-catching color option such as Natural or Blue Titanium.

If you want an iPhone in a shade that is noticeably brand new, Natural Titanium is the best option. It is most likely to indicate that you have the latest-generation device and could be the most popular color option this year since it is quite different from the offerings in recent years.

Your choice of color may also be dependent on how often you upgrade your iPhone. If you upgrade every year, you may be more confident in buying a more striking new color. If you upgrade more often, it can be a good idea to get a different color every time. A new finish can certainly add some novelty to purchasing a new iPhone and make it feel more different from your previous device. Alternatively, if you tend to keep your iPhone for many years and upgrade less often, it may be wiser to consider a color that is more similar to one you have enjoyed previously.

Customers with multiple Apple devices may also want to get an iPhone color that complements their other devices. For example, if you have a Midnight MacBook Air and HomePod, Blue Titanium is a good match. The Apple Watch Ultra will be best complimented by Natural Titanium, while Apple Watches with stainless steel casings will be best matched by White Titanium.

Article Link: iPhone 15 Pro Color Options: Which Did You Choose?
I like darker colors so that the three camera lenses wouldn’t stand out too much.

krull1015

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2021
I think all the colors look really nice in
the new titanium material which is why the decision was so difficult for me. I finally decided on the black 256 pro max. Everyone enjoy their new iPhones

reisman76

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are available in an entirely refreshed range of colors thanks to a new titanium design. The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro families have different color options, so if you have your heart set on a particular shade, you may not be able to get your preferred model in that color.

iPhone-15-Pro-Lineup-Feature.jpg

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are available in four colors, all of which are different from those available on last year's iPhone 14 Pro models. This year's iPhone color options are quite different from those offered in previous years because the device now features a titanium frame with a brushed texture and contoured edges, as opposed to the polished stainless steel offered since 2017's iPhone X. The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max's four available color options are:

• Black Titanium
  • White Titanium
  • Blue Titanium
  • Natural Titanium

The color option that Apple previously called "Silver," encompassing a design with silver metal and white glass, has been available on iPhones for over a decade. This is now "White Titanium" on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. This shade has been tweaked to feature a slightly more beige back glass and softer overall tone.

2022's "Space Black," which was previously "Graphite," is now simply "Black Titanium." It is more of an extremely rich, dark gray tone than deep black. Blue Titanium, on the other hand, appears to be more like navy blue, deeper than previous shades such as the iPhone 12 Pro's Pacific Blue. Black and Blue Titanium may be more likely to attract fingerprints on account of their darker finish. Scratches, scuffs, and dents could also be more visible on these finishes than White or Natural Titanium.

"Natural Titanium" is a wholly new shade that showcases the true color of the titanium frame with no color applied to its surface in the PVD process. The rear glass is a matching mid- to-light gray tone. The finish is very similar to that of the Apple Watch Ultra, which also has a titanium casing. It also harks back in some ways to the Space Gray finish of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S.

iphone-15-pro-max-camera.jpg

It is worth noting that there is no iPhone 15 Pro with a Gold finish. Gold was available through 2013's iPhone 5S to 2017's iPhone 8, and then on 2018's iPhone XS to 2022's iPhone 14 Pro. If you were a fan of this color in previous years, you will now need to look to one of the other options. The warm gray of Natural Titanium may be the best alternative.

How to Decide on a Color

If you use your iPhone with a case, you may wish to consider which device color will best complement it. You may prefer neutral tones such as White Titanium or Black Titanium and use a more colorful case. Alternatively, you could choose a more striking device color like Blue Titanium and use a more neutral case for an interesting contrast.

iphone-15-pro-finewoven-cases.jpg

White or Black Titanium may age better over time as new devices are released since they are more neutral, almost monochrome shades that tend to have a more timeless effect. If you do not use a case at all, you may wish to take advantage of a more eye-catching color option such as Natural or Blue Titanium.

If you want an iPhone in a shade that is noticeably brand new, Natural Titanium is the best option. It is most likely to indicate that you have the latest-generation device and could be the most popular color option this year since it is quite different from the offerings in recent years.

Your choice of color may also be dependent on how often you upgrade your iPhone. If you upgrade every year, you may be more confident in buying a more striking new color. If you upgrade more often, it can be a good idea to get a different color every time. A new finish can certainly add some novelty to purchasing a new iPhone and make it feel more different from your previous device. Alternatively, if you tend to keep your iPhone for many years and upgrade less often, it may be wiser to consider a color that is more similar to one you have enjoyed previously.

Customers with multiple Apple devices may also want to get an iPhone color that complements their other devices. For example, if you have a Midnight MacBook Air and HomePod, Blue Titanium is a good match. The Apple Watch Ultra will be best complimented by Natural Titanium, while Apple Watches with stainless steel casings will be best matched by White Titanium.

Article Link: iPhone 15 Pro Color Options: Which Did You Choose?
Blue Titanium 15 Pro Max, 512 gb, blue fine woven case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.