Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hi Everyone . Strange thing happening to my Wife's Iphone 15 PM .. Auto Updates are turned off ( See Photos ) Last night it downloaded and updated to 17.1.7 on its own. Is there another place in settings that I'm missing ? Any replies would be helpful. Thanks In Advance. IMG_0094.PNG IMG_0093.PNG

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
It definitely shouldn't of downloaded and installed. My 15PM just says there's an update available by showing the red badge on settings icon and when you go into settings.. I have Security response & system files enabled and the other two disabled.. Not sure what you can do short of restoring the device and wait till the next available update to see if it corrected the issue

Reactions: harleymhs

whitby

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Austin, TX
Interesting, I have exactly the inverse issue. I have auto updates on and auto install enabled but it never does it automatically. It usually downloads the update but then it waits for me to give give it the go ahead and install. Very irritating when I want it to do it overnight. Maybe I will turn the auto download and install off and then it will work 😂

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Should have. Not of.
How do you figure? He has download and install updates disabled which should just notify the user that an update is available but will not initiate the download or installation. As I stated, my 15PM notified me that 17.1.1 is available but it hasn't downloaded the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.