Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I’ve gone back and forth between max and not max between generations multiple times

There’s always a few days of getting used to it, then it feels like 2nd nature

Either direction

Same here, and agreed. Its a bit of a shock at first, but you get accustomed to the size.

Reactions: JamesMcFlyJR

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
giphy.gif

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
They reduced the width and height a little bit on the Max, plus the rounded edges and lower weight make the 15 Pro Max much more manageable to handle.

But if you u have small hands and used to the smaller version for a long time, I could see where you could be initially a little overwhelmed at the larger size.

Use it for a few days, if you are finding your feelings don’t change about it, you have 14 days to decide to go with the smaller.

Reactions: KO7 and shr631

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
The Pro and the Pro max are both big phones that for the most part require two hands or hand adjustments. The fact that the pro max is now lighter, makes it a clear choice for me. The Pro's battery struggles to get through a day for me.

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Nope. Have always preferred the Max size but hated the weight so went with the regular when I bought my 13 Pro. That's no longer an issue now.

My 15 Pro Max was delivered earlier today, and despite being slightly heavier on paper, it actually feels lighter in hand than my 13 Pro (non max) because of the weight distribution.

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
It is too big if you think it is too big. It is not too big if you do not think it is too big. Some folks like to deal with the accessibility hit of these large phones to have the larger screen and whatnot, or use them out of a purse where the size is less obnoxious than out of a pocket. Others prefer to avoid them for the smaller models specifically because the phone becomes clumsier to use (especially one-handed) as it gets larger, and it becomes more obnoxious to store in something like a pants pocket.

Horses for courses.

I don’t know why anyone would care what someone else’s preference on this happens to be (other than the folks at Apple who decide what is going to sell and what is in demand). It doesn’t matter one lick if someone thinks it is too big or too small. All that matters is if you think it is too big or too small.

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I was convinced I was going to get the 15 pro as I had the 12 pro and 13 pro prior and loved the smaller size. BUT… I decided I wanted the better zoom and better battery and decided to go Pro Max this year, especially since it’s lighter than previous iterations. Unfortunately I decided until Tuesday to pre-order mine through Verizon so it’s going to be a couple weeks. Got my case in today, though. Lol.

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
went back to the pro for my iPhone 14 pro and I think if I went 14PM I would've skipped the upgrade this year. I thought I could use the small phone but the typing and overall experience wasn't great for me.

Reactions: KO7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.