Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will be priced at $1,099 and $1,199 in a $100 price increase over the current models, according to Wedbush analyst Dan Ives.

iPhone-15-Pro-Colors-Mock-Feature.jpg

In an investor note seen by MacRumors, Ives becomes the latest analyst to emphasize the expected price rises for Apple's Pro iPhone models, which have been widely reported in recent months. He also reinforced previous reports that the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will maintain the same pricing as the current models.

Ives believes there will be considerable promotional activities and discounts from U.S. carriers in the coming months. Such initiatives are likely to further drive sales for the iPhone 15, offsetting potential resistance from the price increment. He also highlighted that 25 percent of Apple's 1.2 billion user base has not upgraded their devices in over four years. This apparently indicates a significant pent-up demand that could lead to what Ives terms a "mini super cycle."

Earlier this year, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reported that Apple was contemplating raising the price for both the iPhone 15 Pro and the iPhone 15 Pro Max. Analyst Jeff Pu has also said that the iPhone 15 Pro models could be more expensive than the iPhone 14 Pro models. Most recently, DigiTimes' Luke Lin noted the impending "major price hike" for Apple's upcoming Pro iPhone models. The entire iPhone 15 lineup is due to be unveiled at Apple's "Wonderlust" event on Tuesday, September 12.

Article Link: iPhone 15 Pro Models Again Rumored to See $100 Price Increase

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
So Apple will be selling less base iPhone Pros this year and they’re going to take it out on the new customer by charging more so they maintain their unsustainable profit margins?

Did I get that right? Clearly no genius in here thinks we are getting a $100 in added value.

*Edit : Pro models

Last edited:

brauntj

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Chicago, IL
So Apple will be selling less base iPhones this year and they’re going to take it out on the new customer by charging more so they maintain their unsustainable profit margins?

Did I get that right? Clearly no genius in here thinks we are getting a $100 in added value.
From what I can gather pricing will stay the same this year:

Base iPhone line pricing staying the same (iPhone 14 = iPhone 15).

Pro line dropping the lowest storage option, but otherwise price stays the same. (256G 14 Pro = 256G 15 Pro)

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
So Apple will be selling less base iPhones this year and they’re going to take it out on the new customer by charging more so they maintain their unsustainable profit margins?

Apple might have an idea of what they are doing with pricing here. But, maybe you should apply for a job and fix the "unsustainable profit margins" and save them. They may not even have the insight you do as to these margins being unsustainable.

The $100 increase also bumped the base storage capacity (according to rumors).

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
From what I can gather pricing will stay the same this year:

Base iPhone line pricing staying the same (iPhone 14 = iPhone 15).

Pro line dropping the lowest storage option, but otherwise price stays the same. (256G 14 Pro = 256G 15 Pro)
I revised my post. I understand if you want to get into a base iPhone pro it will cost you $100 more.

Is more storage a reasonable upcharge from $999? Tech gets cheaper and certainly does memory.

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2021

“Take it out on the new customer”……

Can you explain what you’re talking about? I am completely unsure about what you're insinuating about Apple, so would really appreciate the clarification.

Who are the new customers whom are being victimized?

Also, did you factor in double the storage, which is also rumored, which currently exists as a $100 upcharge? Seems like a possible $100 value added…..

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
So Apple will be selling less base iPhone Pros this year and they’re going to take it out on the new customer by charging more so they maintain their unsustainable profit margins?

*Edit : Pro models
If enough people buy those iPhones, then the price hike is clearly not unsustainable. 😉

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This can't be the way, our planet doesn't have infinite resources. These devices are still great after many years, nobody needs the latest and greatest piece of gadget.
Nobody has to get a new phone every year. if you don’t upgrade eventually you pay the phone off and it’s yours.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
If enough people buy those iPhones, then the price hike is clearly not unsustainable. 😉
Shouldn’t there be a business reason behind price hikes? Like increased component costs, new pricier tech or foreign exchange? Increasing prices just because you assume consumers will be willing to pay more seems like not treating your customers very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.