Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hesoba

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2017
Hello.

Since there’s plenty of rumors about a big price increase for be next iPhone, how do you feel about that ?

What I’ve heard, apple didn’t really increase the price since the iPhone X for the us.

The 14 Pro with minimal specs cost 999 USD.

As an European , I have to pay 1299 Euro, which is around 1400 USD to this day.

It went from 999 eur for the 12 pro to 1299. an increase of 300 euro or 325 USD.

I thin apple really needs to be aware of the loss of the buyers in the EU if they are gonna increase the prices Again like every year.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
That's all they are though, rumours. Apple rarely (if ever) release any details about their devices before launch day.

Kalampoki

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2023
It cost 1500-1550 euros for the base 14 pro max on launch day here, if the price hit is going to happen I'm expecting the least 1700 euros for the base model. it sucks a lot if u compare the minimum wages across the countries too. All we can do is wait and see what happens on September. If it is minimal upgrades I might go for 14 pm anyways

Last edited:

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
I‘d be surprised if they don‘t raise the prices again. It‘ll probably go up $100 in the US and 100-200€ elsewhere.

That being said, I‘d be interested to see how much longer Apple can raise the prices of their phones before they start to lose out on many potential purchases.

Reactions: mcru21

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
People were more than willing to pay iPhone 14 Pro Max prices. Some people here grumbled about the price increases in Europe, but the reality is, people paid it. Apple barely had enough stock of iPhone 14 Pro/Max during the holidays.

Maybe the regular 15/Plus won't see an increase, but Apple would be nuts to keep the Pro/Max the same.

Reactions: Chidoro

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello.

Since there’s plenty of rumors about a big price increase for be next iPhone, how do you feel about that ?

What I’ve heard, apple didn’t really increase the price since the iPhone X for the us.

It went from 999 eur for the 12 pro to 1299. an increase of 300 euro or 325 USD.

I thin apple really needs to be aware of the loss of the buyers in the EU if they are gonna increase the prices Again like every year.
Doesn't mean much to me. I've established myself since 2021 as being 2 to 3 models behind whatever the current model is. My 11PM was paid off three months ago and I figure I've got about two more years with it.

So, IF, I ever do upgrade to the 15, that'd mean the iPhone 17 or 18 is the current phone at that time. The price of the 15 at that point won't be what it originally sells for.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
I'm not sure on the ratios, but to me it seems most people buy/obtain their devices through a finance plan - either as part of their network's monthly contract, or a separate finance plan. If you change your device yearly this is probably the best way to go anyway e.g. Apple's own upgrade offer.

Also, if you're upgrading yearly and pay outright then surely you make up a large portion of that expense from selling/trading in last year's model.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Hello.

That’s the reason why I maxed out and went for 1TB 14PM. After the not so good experience with a mid range product (Air 3) I wanted to go with the high end device and keep it for a long time. When they start to have Ultra Prices on the iPhone I think I am out getting the latest year device.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
People were more than willing to pay iPhone 14 Pro Max prices. Some people here grumbled about the price increases in Europe, but the reality is, people paid it. Apple barely had enough stock of iPhone 14 Pro/Max during the holidays.

Maybe the regular 15/Plus won't see an increase, but Apple would be nuts to keep the Pro/Max the same.

I paid the high 14PM price but that high price means I'll be going longer between upgrades now. I don't see anything coming down the pike that would push me to an upgrade for some time now. The same is true over on the the iPad Pro side (I have an M1 12.9 that I'll keep longer than earlier models). These things don't break my bank by any means - I can afford them - but the prices are now hitting psychological barriers for me. (I should note that I prefer the large displays of the Pro models, why I buy the high-end items).

saber32au

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2019
Price rise must be due to the introduction of USB-C...

Damn you EU for wanting to reduce waste and have only 1 cable to charge the majority of electronic devices!

Kalampoki

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2023
Price rise must be due to the introduction of USB-C...

Damn you EU for wanting to reduce waste and have only 1 cable to charge the majority of electronic devices!
Usb c change probably costs cents and they already have them on circulation, it's the titanium and chip prices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.