IPhone 16Gb & 3 Sim Card

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oziphone, Apr 17, 2008.

1. oziphone macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 3 Sim card and a IPhone 16GB phone.Has anyone got a crack to make 3 Sim card work on a iphone?

Appreciate youe advice:eek:

2. James17 macrumors 6502

3 doesn't work with iPhone at all. A fix may come out in future but I think the reason is because Three sim cards are USIM, 3G or UTMS SIM cards, not 2.0 G sim cards. Is it a contract sim, if not why don't you use another network sim on pay as you go?

3. oziphone thread starter macrumors newbie

James,
    Many thanks for your reply.I have tried it with another prepaid sim from optus but when you start to do a bit of surfing on the net the $30 credit was gone..
    I have tried the 3 sim card on fake iphone like the P168 from china and it works fine.Thats why I can't see why it would work on a original 16gb iphone.

4. James17 macrumors 6502

My iPhone is unlocked but the only way for me to use the internet on it is to get an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile which I did otherwise you will be in massive debt. I understand it did work on the iPhone lookalike but that has nothing in common with the real iPhone so the hardware in the lookalike must accept 3 sims as I said what types of simcards they are in my first post. If a 3G iPhone comes out in June as anticipated, it is highly likely you will be able to use the 3 sim card with it when someone hacks it but until then you will have to hold on.

5. oziphone thread starter macrumors newbie

James,

3sim cards are USIM!