iPhone 16GB for what

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Seemum, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Seemum macrumors newbie

Hello Group

OK I got the 16GB version of the iPhone 3G, I figure when you are buying electronics buy the most that you can afford at the time of purchase. This way regrets are minimized when the "new" version pops out.

But these 16GB are for what? Music and Podcasts and images and stuff like that, or is these 16GB shared with the contacts and notes, and calendar entries? What about the list of recent numbers?

In other words if I go and download 16GBs of MP3s to my iPhone, assuming that I can find the right combination of files to make up 16GB, will I run out of room to add contacts or calendar entries?

Thanks

Seemum

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Contacts, and calendars are just plain text, and wont take up that much space at all...

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

BUT..

the 16 gigs is shard space for EVERYTHING on the device.

4. 12Iceman macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure that iTunes will prevent you from filling every last megabyte of your iPhone with music, so there should always be a little bit of room leftover for small things like contacts, sms, emails, etc.

5. twist2b macrumors regular

Yea even my slvr would not let me take up all my room with music. Like it would FORCE specific amount of room for each type of files you could possibly use.

6. Seemum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Group Members

Wow!!!

You are the best, I am going to learn a lot here.

Thanks

Seemum