Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
Pretty please bring back rounded edges Apple 🥺 Maybe alternate every ~4 years so fans of either style could be satisfied? The 16 will be year 5 of the square design and it’s not practical to keep an iPhone 11/pro going for much longer

tonmischa

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2007
I don't need SLIM.
I need MINI.

EDIT: It's funny when someone disagrees with what I need. Do you know me? Are you living my life?
Maybe after a car accident I lost one hand and have limited functionality in the other one? So maybe I am not ABLE to hold a bigger phone? Did you think about that?

Last edited:

tipoo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2017
The 15 Plus battery life was too good, started eating into Pro sales with higher sales prices. That's why the 16 Plus is getting the only battery regression in the line, and the 17 appears to be going further in this direction nerfing its battery life.

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2021
I'm fairly sure most of us here are currently OK with how thick iPhones are right now right?
Not at all. I imagine they mean slim by being narrow and tall, like the Sony Xperia series. Which would be amazing! Way easy to hold in one hand

Like this

Attachments

• IMG_6486.jpeg
    IMG_6486.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Gotta give users a large display or a big battery, but not both, or it cannibalizes some sales of the larger Pro.

I wonder if the smaller 17 will also be slimmer?

Reactions: Bigg Macc

bobmans

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2020
This likely means the lineup will be
iPhone 17 "Slim"
iPhone 17 Pro
iPhone 17 Pro Max

with the "Slim" being priced the the same as the current Plus and the regular iPhone model scrapped.

Reactions: Chuckeee

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Deeply disappointing.

Apple may have lost its moho, that inevitably will call for a restructuring of its corporate leadership -- one guided by technology -- not bean counters that belong on a corner, to never be heard unless spoken to.

[Let us remember that great, trail-blazing companies from the past just vanished and are now a mere shadow of themselves -- Apple with this leadership is far from immune.]

Just my view.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Reminds me of the “iPhone Math” which turned out to be iPhone + written as iPhone Plus.

The Mandarin word for “slim” or “thin” is shòu which can easily be confused for the word shòu which means “endure”.

Calling it: iPhone Ultra, built to be rugged or to “endure”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.