iPhone 1G with 3.0 GM: Battery meter doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigDaddy5, Jun 16, 2009.

1. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

I've upgraded with the 3.0 GM, and so far it's not too bad. Some good things, some things I don't like.

The biggest thing is my battery meter. It shows 100% all the time. I didn't think anything of it, until a day or two after I upgraded and I saw I had around 7 hours of use over a day and a half.

I decided to reboot, and sure enough, when the phone powered back up, I was greeted with the 20% battery warning, and the battery meter was now in the red.

Well this morning, I checked my phone and I see that it's got 40 minutes of usage over 17 hours. I should at least be missing a little bit of the battery meter, but it still says 100%.

What gives? Should I try restoring again? Am I the only one having this problem?

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

This should resolve with the Official Release.

3. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

My battery is draining in two hours. I keep plugging it back in. Does this mean I really am fine and I should just ignore the battery meter, or is it really dying and I should charge it?

4. outdata326 macrumors newbie

I am getting exceptional battery life!

I charged my phone on Friday thought my meter was not working, powered the phone down, it made it move a little off from max. It is now Tuesday and I still have not hit the 20% warning, this has never happened with this phone. The best I have ever had is maybe 2:30 to 3:00 hours of use with two days of standby, a typical weekend for me. I am now at 4:17 with three days and 14 hours of standby. I hope it is not a fluke.

Screenshot of battery life page.

photo.jpg

5. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

I have to agree, since 3.0, my battery on my iPhone First gen has significantly improved generally across all apps. I have no idea why, maybe im just imagining