iPhone 2.0 Beginning to Feel like Windows mobile.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trevreyno, Jul 24, 2008.

1. trevreyno macrumors member

After my iPhone 3G crashing for the third time and being suck in the boot screen staring at the frozen Apple logo.I once again had to do a full software restore from itunes and consequently lose all the App settings including game high scores,stored login details via cookies and Apps.

Why didn't apple choose to backup this data with the backup of the iPhone via itunes?-or am i missing something.

Its very frustrating to have the phone constantly reset itself and worse reset then freeze in the boot screen requiring a full software re-install.

I hope Apple hurries up addresses these problems with an update soon as I'm
    beginning to feel like I'm back to the old windows mobile days....reset....reset...reset.

2. aft macrumors regular

I agree and the funny thing is I think that it why I'm putting up with all of the BS so well. I'm used to having my phone crash all of the time, getting voicemail 2 hours later, and my phone locking when trying to receive or send calls. So all of this is old to me and I'm used to dealing with it so don't care because all of that being said when the thing works I absolutely love it.

That being said my wife who's new to the "smartphone" world is having a hard time with hers and is starting to complain that she just wants a @#$% phone that works ALL of the time.

It kind of sucks for Apple because if there are a lot of people like her out there people might start returning their phones. I hope they either make a statement saying the know there's problems and are working on it (Steve never admits when he's wrong) - OR - they finally release an update...please :apple: don't turn into microsoft!!!

3. RJ17 macrumors regular

I dont know about cookies but I am pretty sure my high scored stayed when I did my restore. Maybe different apps store the data differently and that is why your high score didn't get backed up.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I am getting really antsy for an update, this is getting a bit ridiculous. This morning my iPhone (original) threw a conniption fit, just running really slooooowly, so I restarted. At which point it asked me to connect to iTunes...

Since I was not home, I figured one more restart couldn't hurt, so I turned it off and back on again. It started normally, and informed me "iPhone is activated"...uh, great?

Until I went to open my google app. Back to the home screen with me! Tried again, same result. Every non-apple app, same result. Reboot didn't fix it. Oddly enough, what fixed it was d/ling a random free app from the App store, suddenly it all worked again.

Stuff like this should not be happening...and because it's tough to get into the filesystem it's very tough to figure out what causes these crashes and behaviors.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a bug fix update soon...

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Having had a Windows Mobile phone before, I have never once even gotten close to feeling like I am on a Mobile phone when on my iPhone

Never

Even when my iPhone has crashed on me

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

My experience with WM has been flawless. This is a joke, I thought the iphone was supposed to be free of this stuff. The iphone only runs 1 program at a time (joke) I cant see why it is having all these problems.