iPhone 2.0 Firmware Video Walkthrough

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Gizmodo posts a brief video walkthrough of some of the new features found on the 2.0 firmware.

According to the site, testing has not revealed any obvious errors, though content filtering is not yet working. The App Store, of course, is also not yet online.

Apple is expected to release the 2.0 Firmware update on July 11th as a free update to current iPhone owners.

Article Link

iCAR

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
california
I hope they release the 2.0 update on july 10th, that way I can have my old phone update before I get the new one......

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Clipboard support (certainly in the works--maybe touch-and-hold like Apple does for saving emailed photos) and file storage/browsing (hopefully in the works) are the missing pieces now.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
watching the video- the crack disappears and reappears, it must be a reflection.

No, you can see it most of the way through, it's just at some angles it's easier to see because of the way the light reflects off the crack. There's definitely a crack there.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
I hope they release the 2.0 update on july 10th, that way I can have my old phone update before I get the new one......

If you're planning on selling your old iPhoen, you'd be better off not upgrading to 2.0. Until there's a jailbreak/unlock app for 2.0, 1.1.4 is worth more.

iLeoMarc

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Does the iPhone 2.0 Firmware allow you to choose which email to send from? Just noticed the "From:" portion on the video. Any know if this will also work for .Mac (MobileMe) Aliases?

craigverse

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Reno, NV
I have a crack in my screen and it's virtually invisible when you look at it dead on. You can only really see it from angles.

matznentosh

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2002
The screen shot for the advanced tab says "Use iTunes for internet music playback". Does that mean 2.0 allows internet or rather streaming radio from web sites?

This is the main reason I've held off on buying an iPhone. I listen on my crappy Treo 700p to David Byrne's music stream from his web site, and I couldn't do that on the old iPhone. In fact, when I'm on a long car ride, I log on to one of my favorite internet radio stations, especially if it is a local station, since 50 miles out reception disappears on a regular radio...

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

iVoid said:

If you're planning on selling your old iPhoen, you'd be better off not upgrading to 2.0. Until there's a jailbreak/unlock app for 2.0, 1.1.4 is worth more.

It will probably be cracked within a week. Then my iPhone will be worth more on eBay as the two-dot-oh software is more desirable for the app store and other features. Then mine will have an advantage over most of the listed phones and hopefully sell for more. I will just have to act fast.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
does this walkthrough cover anything apple's video tutorial doesn't? What's the point? :confused:
Well, there is at least one really cool thing this video revealed, a request many of us have had since the beginning: we can now use custom Reply To/From addresses in Mail!!! FINALLY!!!!

This means I'll be able to route my domain's email to my MobileMe account (to take advantage of push email) and reply to mail from the MobileMe account, without having to actually give out my MobileMe address. FINALLY!!!! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.