iPhone 2.0 -- ITS OFFICIAL !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPa, Mar 29, 2008.

1. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

This is anything but set in stone. It definitely puts things square in the middle of the rumors category.

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/3/gartner_just_kidding_about_that_10_million_iphone_order_aapl_

Gartner says "Ooops. Nevermind" and BoA seems to be repeating what Gartner originally released but are sticking to it.

BoA makes reference to Barron's but Barron's makes reference right back to BoA AND Garnter and puts their own spin on it. I can't see anything in any of the articles that is proof of anything. It's all supposition.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Do yourself a favor: look up the definition of 'official'.

4. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

whats funny is the "just kidding" article was pblished 40 minutes before the article making the statement lol

5. Surely Guest

Surely

From the CNN article:
    "The new phone will also be packed with more features including GPS navigation."

ORLY? Holy battery suckage.

3G and GPS- The new iPhone: Now with 3 hours battery life. Buy 4 of them to get you through the day....

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

If it's got GPS and bigger storage I'll definitely be upgrading, not too bothered about 3G, would be nice though :D

7. 3247 macrumors regular

GPS? That really sounds too good.

Well, I'll buy one if it comes without SIM lock. :eek:

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Official...

would = "having it in my hand" IMHO. :cool:

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I have an original 8 gig iPhone. You think Apple will take a trade straight up?

:D

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Totally. And I bet they'd throw in a MBA just to make sure you're satisfied. :D:D:D

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

After looking up the word official, please look up rumor, liar(s), and idiot.

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Hmm, if the iPhone 2 is going to be larger and more expensive it may be the perfect opportunity to purchase the original iPhone at a reduced cost. 75% of the features on the iPhone I won't even use, a navigation system seems a little overboard.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have a GPS device in my car. If I don't keep it plugged up, it maybe lasts 2 hours on its battery. Unless these GPS folks have really improved battery life in the past 6 months or so, I don't see it being on there. I'd rather have it as an add-on to the dock connector, which I saw on a "rumor" thread a few months back.

14. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I agree, I can't see a phone having a full version of any type of navigation system. Though, they could make it where the phone had to be plugged into a car outlet to work. Regardless, the only thing I hope is that they don't make the iPhone larger than it needs to be...sort of like what Windows does with their OS...each one gets bigger, slower, and with more needless stuff.