iPhone 2.0 Still No Todo's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hanguolaohu, Jun 23, 2008.

1. hanguolaohu macrumors regular

It seems like iPhone 2.0 still doesn't have todo's in it's iCal app. What is Apple thinking? This was standard on Palm Pilots a decade ago! I'm currently using Things on my Desktop, as I don't like Leopard's iCal todo's either, they're all clumped in one box. I wish I had a todo list similar to Palm, where you could have appts (events) and todo's sorted according to individual days. If anyone knows of that sort of software for the mac, let me know.

Thanks,
    Alexander

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Wait until the App Store debuts and see what's offered there...

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'd expect more than one to-do list App in the App Store. Don't forget that the iPhone 3G ships with iPhone OS 2.0, which adds the ability for anyone to make apps. And a to-do list app would be a pretty easy one to make.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

just use notes.. only thing is it doesnt sync.. or just use the calendar and sync it... or if u have IMAP mail of any nature create a folder called todo and email yourself everytime you want to do a todo and put it in that folder which will sync.. now thats the best thing if thought of tihs morning so far and its only 9.40AM..

5. alFR macrumors 68020

If you have an IMAP account and use Mail.app, any todos you create in Mail will be stored in a folder called Apple Mail Todo on your IMAP server anyway, so no need to mail them to yourself.

6. jsindc macrumors newbie

Todos ain't the only thing missing: ical subscriptions!?!

OK, so before upgrading to 2.0 on my original iPhone I had several subscriptions in iCal. One of them, to Tripit.com, is critical because it has all my travel details in it.

Before the upgrade to 2.0, all those subscriptions were synced to the iPhone. Now that I'm using 2.0 and "push", none of them are!

I'm REALLY hoping that this is still Apple getting the bugs out, because I do NOT want to give up either push or Tripit!

7. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Evernote (App Store) is brilliant. There is also a Mac and PC app available as well, and a web portal, and they all stay completely in sync - over the air. It's perfect. You can put in text notes, audio notes and photo notes. On the Mac app, you can also take a very clever screenshot using the quick toolbar icon. Everything is logged as a note, or to do.

If you're into your GTD (Getting Things Done), you should take a look at Things (also in the App Store). It currently doesn't sync with the desktop version of the app, but it will do very soon. I love it. It's such an uncluttered way of dealing with your tasks.

Also reQall (also in the App Store) is really very neat. It's got some pretty impressive technology behind it as well which will impress even the most unimpressable (is that a real word?!). You can either post to do's in the old fashion way (typing them in) OR... you can press a button to DICTATE your notes. It's uploaded to their servers, they crunch your audio clip, and then it comes back into your To Do inbox shortly after as a text item. There's also US and UK freephone/geographical numbers to be able to call up from anywhere and dictate your message too.

No doubt Apple will do something like this in three years time and everyone will say "oh wow, isn't this great" :rolleyes:

Give up on Apple implementing To Do's properly in Leopard/iPhone. It's clearly incredibly difficult to conceptualise and implement.

8. senselessthings macrumors newbie

the missing sync?

hi,

I've just started a petition to see how many of us are really are "slightly frustrated" about this omission.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39922.html

feel free to spread the word (or the link). I'm naive enough to think that if there's enough of us that signs it, maybe Apple will do something about the problem.

The ball is in your court,
    All the very best