iphone 2.0 unlocked fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz786, May 24, 2008.

1. abz786 macrumors 6502

okay here is a question

say i wait about 2 weeks or so or wait till ziphone guy has found a solution to unlocked and jail-breaking the iphone2

now, if the iphone2 has 3g and a lot more features, any of those features actually going to be usable in canada? i know currently visual voicemail doesn't work but that doesn't bother me. but just wondering if its worth selling it for $500 (yes someone locally has offered me that) and waiting for the new one to arrive.

please let me know ur input pls

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It already has been unlocked and jailbroken, I have the 2.0 beta already! :p

Also, I think most things should work, but no one really knows for sure until its release.

3. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

o what? really
    wow i havent been on here in a while
    so ur saying
    i buy the new hardware and say the official 2.0 firmware isn't much different then the beat ones, it wud be easy to hack?

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Well the new hardware will have the official 2.0 on it which will be different from the betas but even if Apple change the firmware to stop jailbreaking it will be hacked again very quickly.

5. kjodder macrumors newbie

When almost every other thing is possible to find on the internet, how come, is the 2.0 firmware not to find ?

Dammit ;o)

Have you tried the active sync feature, and is it working cool ?

Best regards

// Kim

6. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I'll PM ya the link if you want, you want it for the iPhone or iPod touch?

7. kjodder macrumors newbie

Iphone..... thanks....

Is it just like jailbroke the phone when i cracked it the first time ?

Thanks

// Kim

8. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

You will need to pwn it and some apps may not work, Installer wont work so you will need to use SSH to shove apps on there. You can downgrade back to any firmware any time you want.

9. kjodder macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks alot... i think i take the chance ;o)

Looking forward to receive the link

// Kim

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I think the OP is confusing the 2.0 update with the second gen iPhone.
    The 2.0 update has been cracked, but nobody has seen the second gen iPhone yet.

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yeah, but they aint gonna completley change the OS are they? It will probably be the same as on the current soon-to-be-achient iPhone!

12. frosse macrumors 6502a

Can I unlock an iphone without jailbreaking it? If so, will I loose any functionality besides visual voice mail? Will I be able to update it to 2.1 and forth if its unlocked (but not jailbreaked)?

13. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It needs to be jailbroken.

14. frosse macrumors 6502a

I'm not going to install any programs, just unlock the damn thing, will I be able to update it the iphone? Will I have any complications with functionality?

15. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Unlocking and JB will happen within minutes, but i get the feeling Apple will make all iPhones on their Chosen Providers subsidized or there will be a means of ensuring that you do take a contract, whether it be they debit your card in store and they give you a number to enter into iTunes or something...

Or on the other hand maybe they will let the iPhone be sold as normal because maybe a lot of the iPhone buying market comes form JB UNLOCK.

really not sure lets just WAIT AND SEE..

16. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

You need to jailbreak it to unlock it, and as for updating if you pwn the firmware then update to that you will be fine.

It would make sense for Apple to sell them unlocked and/or on pay as you go because thats obviously what customers want, and Apple wants to meet their 10 million iPhone target.

But like you said, we will have to wait and see...