iPhone 2.1 Audiobook Crash Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starbucks Drunk, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Starbucks Drunk macrumors newbie

If you have more than 19 audiobooks on your iphone the iPod app will crash back to the homescreen when you select "Audiobooks". The only work around is to delete the files in iTunes until you have less than 20.

Anyone else found this?

2. jj.maclean macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. I haven't tested to see the number it stops working at but its probably 20 like yours.

I do know that yesterday I had two audiobooks on my iPod touch and it worked just fine. Today I loaded up a whole bunch more and now I am returned to the home screen whenever I press the audiobook button.

3. abdulla77 macrumors newbie

Got the same problem too, went on Apple support discussions and tons more people are facing the same problem.. this is messed up!! Apple at least acknowledge the problem and FIX IT!:mad:

update: did just that, deleted a few audiobooks (down from 27 to 17) and it works fine.. this is sad..

4. Going Nocturnal macrumors newbie

yep same problem and I gotta fly in a couple of hours, how annoying. anyway the easy workaround is to put all your audiobooks in a playlist.

5. distortedloop macrumors 6502

distortedloop

Same here! Just noticed it this morning. I've got 44 audiobooks on there. I'll try tweaking it down to under 20.

6. giordano macrumors newbie

A workaround is to create a playlist which contains the tracks of the audiobooks. Not a pretty solution... but at least you can keep as many audiobooks as you want.