Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xjohnx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
iphone-2.1-beta_.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5028933/iphone-21-firmware-currently-in-beta-more-gps-features-on-the-way

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
And If Anybody Asks For This To Have Mms In It I Will Kill (hang Draw Quarter) Them.... Please Guys No Mms Crying Ok.. Im Fed Up For / Or It...

Apr 10, 2007
thank god

2.0 is the most buggy firmware that apple released since they released the first iPhone

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I hope it has MMS and cut/paste and 50 hours battery life and a real keyboard...

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
looking at getting an update around the 10th of august but it won't be 2.1, it will be 2.0.1 and will just fix stability issues.

I have a question about this keyboard issue. Why can safari use the landscape keyboard but texting emailing cant? Just doesnt make sense...i hope they change this, i keeping on missing the letter o when i text...

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I hope it has MMS and cut/paste and 50 hours battery life and a real keyboard...

I hope it turns on the hidden microwave app to keep my coffee heated at my desk in the morning. :rolleyes:

thank god

2.0 is the most buggy firmware that apple released since they released the first iPhone
I doubt it. The phone has NEVER been more stable for me. Something I did notice, however... Is that many 3rd party developers rushed apps out the door for launch that had numerous bugs and problems that caused signifcant stability issues to my phone.

Apple can't help that much... But I suspect a lot of people erroreously blame them for problems they never introduced. I think the whole Multi-app-download feature has some issues, but other than one problem I got while playing music and browsing, it's been pretty good for me.

~ CB

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I doubt it. The phone has NEVER been more stable for me. Something I did notice, however... Is that many 3rd party developers rushed apps out the door for launch that had numerous bugs and problems that caused signifcant stability issues to my phone.

Apple can't help that much... But I suspect a lot of people erroreously blame them for problems they never introduced. I think the whole Multi-app-download feature has some issues, but other than one problem I got while playing music and browsing, it's been pretty good for me.

~ CB
I believe 2.0 is buggy as hell. I am not even running 3rd party apps and the phone is sluggish and crashes a lot.

Apr 10, 2007

~ CB
I dont blame 3rd party apps for it being unstable, sure they crash alot but I get more crashes and bugs with the programs that came with the phone, the iPod app is especially buggy.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008

~ CB

i think it's a combo of both. one person has started another thread that he's noticed it's WAY more stable.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/530592/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.