iPhone 2.2 Stuck in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by error2, Jan 29, 2009.

1. error2 macrumors newbie

error2

How to get it back to normal mode???

I tried using Ziphone which says "Searching for iPhone... Make sure the iPhone is connected to the computer and detected by iTunes."
    But my iPhone is being recognized by iTunes...

Could you guys please help me out of this issue???

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Itunes won't restore it? What were you trying to do?

3. ian-frs macrumors 6502

ian-frs

If you iTunes knows that your phone is connected then just restore through iTunes. If iTunes doesn't know there is a phone connected then you need to turn to phone on. I am assuming you tried to jailbreak and you didn't get into DFU mode. Just Hold the Power button for a few seconds and see what happens. If nothing try holding the power and home button. Your phone will come back on it just takes a little time.

4. HotRodGuy macrumors regular

this happens to me everytime I try to do an update, and it's annoying. I basically have to wipe everything clean, do a backup, and try again

5. semin28 macrumors regular

Same it gets really annoying . I even made a thread about it happening everytime there's a new update I have a problem.

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue when updating mine last night. I kept restarting the phone and trying to restore, but it couldn't restore.

I finally restarted the computer and it restored fine and updated to 2.2.1

So...restart your computer and try to restore again.

7. error2 thread starter macrumors newbie

error2

Thank u all....

I have finally restored the iPhone to 2.2.1 and then restored it back to yesterdays back-up...I see all the contacts now {Thank God :)} but most of the applications are missing...

8. error2 thread starter macrumors newbie

error2

How do I get it back if stuck in DFU mode....I have this problem with an unactivated iPhone 2G :(

I need to unlock this one.....but when I connect it to iTunes, it is asking to activate and I canceled it...Now the iTunes shows 'Activation Canceled'

How do I resolve this issue???

9. Iphonelvr macrumors member

+1
    I have the same problem everytime I try to do an update. It will install the update . restart the phone . And go strait back to the connect to Itunes screen. I had to take it to the apple store last time it did this.

10. ian-frs macrumors 6502

ian-frs

You will need to use PWNAGE tool to create a custom unlocked FW. Then use iTunes to install that FW.