iPhone 2.2 to contain a video recorder for Camera.app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derrick Velasco, Oct 11, 2008.

?

What do you think will happen to iPhone 2.2's Camera.app?

1. It will maybe have a video recorder add on.

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Camera.app will stay unchanged in iPhone 2.2

84 vote(s)
    84.8%
  1. Derrick Velasco macrumors regular

Do you think iPhone 2.2 will contain a video camera add on to Camera.app?

2. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

No, at this point I think Apple is just to suborn to add a video recording application. Either that, or for some reason the camera hardware is not up to spec to allow video recording, or recording up to "Apple's standards".

3. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Nope. I'd imagine that's pretty low on the priority list.

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

why should we expect 2.2's version of the camera to be an different than ≤2.1

5. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

well we already know for a fact that the iPhones camera is 100% perfectly capable of recording video. Cycorder for jailbroken iPhones is a camcorder app and it takes videos real nice..Apple just has to take their heads out of their asses and incorporate some useful and simple features we all need...

6. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I would like to see one but I doubt it will happen. Maybe if people keep jailbreaking their phones to get a video recorder Apple will wise up and make one so they can make some money off of it.

7. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

if apple released a video recorder that we had to pay for that would be complete bullshytt..there's a nokia(pretty sure it's nokia) that has a 5MP camera with smile detection and all that shyt with video, and were here stuck with a 2MP no video..it's crazyy

8. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

There's no reason why we shouldn't... And they still will not give it to us... They probably don't want to see people complaining of memory disappearing from taking too much video. Some people don't realize how much memory it will hog and will complain about it. I personally have the ability to manage my memory and feel I could handle a video recording app... Let's see it Apple~

9. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

personally I think apple isn't giving us the features we need, and that every other basic cell phone has is because they don't wanna put everything out at once, I one or two updates or so because everyone will get bored of the iphone real quick..they save features to spread out in different updates..the iPhone is capable of having all these basic features and many many more..that's just my opinion

10. poorbusker macrumors member

Im pretty sure apple wants to wants to use video conferencing in the next major release of the iPhone. Something much bigger then the 3G. To me, its pretty obvious. Gone is the 8gig replaced by 16 and 32gig models. The camera will definitely be replaced with something like 4 or 5 megapixel. I think the rumors about the video conferencing are true and that will be the major selling point for the next model.

11. 226896 Guest

Agreed.

12. kleo macrumors regular

OMG YA MAN 2.2 WILL CHANGE THIS!!!.

You called it man, they have been waiting for 2.2 to add the video camera feature :tard:

13. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

I think Apple are too stubborn to admit they were wrong about not putting in a Video Recorder and won't do it.

1 - iPhone
    2 - iPhone 3G
    3 - iPhone Video.

14. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Doubt we will see any changes to the camera in 2.2. I think they are holding out for a new iphone. That way it gives people a reason to upgrade.

15. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Two things i doubt we will see out of apple is MMS and video recording app.

16. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

if apples good with the "photography" business and stuff dont they have like a connection or partnership with a camera company like lets say canon? maybe they should incorporate something into the iphones or new ones or w.e

.. nvm i must rambling and confusing you ppl

17. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

not me. This is my last iphone. Too many restrictions on such a great device.

18. thecellar macrumors regular

Maybe once these new devices drop from other carriers, like the BB Storm and the Google Phone? they will release the new software with mms and video as leverage.