iPhone 2.2 Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macduke, Oct 13, 2008.

1. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

With the big media event tomorrow, could Apple unveil 2.2 as the "one more thing"? I know it's supposed to be focused on the Macbooks, but considering that push background notifications weren't enabled in 2.1, along with the fabled "improved gps tracking", turn by turn directions, or whatever, along with the addition of Google Street View, and the emoji icons, wouldn't all those features be worth announcing at such a big event? The timing seems about right too, because 2.1 was released about a month ago, and notifications are running late.

Anyone else agree?

2. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

"The spotlight turns to notebooks" , I don't expect to see any announcement until next years events. 2.1.X will probably come without an event and 2.2 and around next spring? .. Just my thoughts:rolleyes:

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The only way this would happen is if there is something in 2.2 related to laptops.

Like if they worked out a deal for AT&T to tether iPhone data connections to Macbooks. Or if you can transfer files to the iPhone using Bluthooth (like 'Air Share' does now.)

If they had something like that, then 2.2 would come out tomorrow. That's the only way I see it happening.

But I don't see any of those things happening, so no, I don't think we'll see 2.2 tomorrow.

5. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

We won't see anything iphone related tomorrow. At the very best we can hope they just mention the success of the iphone. That's pretty much it.

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

no chance. tomorrow is about introducing notebooks, it doesn't make sense to detract attention from the focus of the event with an iPhone announcement.

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That is gonna be weird. An Apple event with no iPhone updates? WHAT THE HECK! It's all about the iPhone... enough with this computer crap!

8. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Nah I don't think it's something they would just throw in a notebook event. But one can always hope.

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

At the 'Let's Rock' iPod event, Jobs and Schiller went out of their way to not say "iPhone", and just kept repeating "iPod touch".
    The latest title tells us it'll be the same flavour again this time. The iPhone will have it's time in the sun again soon. Gotta give some undivided love to the other products in line too. :D

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm holding out until the Holiday Season in December, and possibly MWSF '09...:p

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

To say it in one word, and I may come off as an *******...

NO

12. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I don't have much to add, but I also think there is no chance of this tomorrow. I think Apple has learned by now that they should not rush iPhone firmware.