iPhone 2, exchange and syncing with multiple calendars & contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by horrgakx, Jul 21, 2008.

1. horrgakx macrumors member

horrgakx

Hi all. The iPhone (standard) was upgraded to v2 last night and I'm wanting help on the calendar/contacts if someone can assist please...?

I have two PC's running Outlook. One at work (Exchange) and one at home (POP mail). With my Windows Mobile device I used ActiveSync to keep all three calendars/contacts in sync. Works beautifully.

My work Outlook syncs nicely with the iPhone through the Exchange account, though I'm not really bothered about the email, calendar & contacts are essential. Very cool.

What I want to do now though is somehow sync up my home Outlook with all this lot.

How do I do it?

Thanks.

2. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I use Plaxo, www.plaxo.com

I know they have had bad press recently for 'spamming' everyone in your contact database but the new version will only do this if you expressly allow it to do so.

If your work pc will allow you to install the Outlook sync software and you also install it on your home pc then you are good to go.

I do all my iPhone<->Exchange syncing (email, calendar and contacts) over the air and then sync my work Outlook with my home Outlook via Plaxo. I find it works really well.

3. horrgakx thread starter macrumors member

horrgakx

I vaguely remember using Plaxo before but I wasn't keen - you see it added into my contact list seemingly every email address I've used before as a new entry. Not sure where it's picking this up from but it did it again this time round and I've now got 100's of spurious entries in my address book :(

[EDIT] - it took me ages to get it all right but I edited all my contacts and it seems to have replicated okay now.

4. horrgakx thread starter macrumors member

horrgakx

Something I've noticed with Plaxo, when it puts the entries into my calendar on the iPhone, they are not modifiable. I can't change the title, date, time, only the reminder period.
    Is it a feature or a bug?