IPhone 2, major issues. Not charging/syncing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Paulina0618, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Paulina0618 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I have an iphone 2nd generation unlocked with Cydia. Version 2.0.1 (5B108)It sucks because I can't download any new apps because most of them are 3.0. I have 7.1 GB Capacity with 4.6 GB Available. I am on the Tmobile Network.

It worked fine for about a year.
    Here are the issues I have:

• YouTube App stopped working. It says cannot connect to YouTube.
    • If I try opening Cydia it doesnt open.
    • Also, Safari freezes almost everytime I use it. Well, not necessarily freezes but kicks me off so I have to open the app again.
    • I have also come across no longer being able to delete apps manually.
    • It stopped accepting a charge from my home chargers and via usb. I have tried many chargers and out of about 8-9 Ive found that 2 car chargers work to charge the phone.
    • I cannot sync to Itunes to downgrade or upgrade because none of the cords will connect.

So I pretty much have a useless phone and need help to see how I can fix these issues and maybe find others that have had the same problems. I am considering buying my sister's Iphone 3gs and getting that unlocked until I decide which android phone I want and maybe just master resetting this Iphone 2g if I cannot find any solutions to my problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I'd restore it to see if that fixes your issues.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    Restore to the highest 2G firmware 3.1.3 then JB and unlock with redsnow.

4. Paulina0618 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you mean restore do you mean reset all settings, under General>Reset? I wanted to do this as a last option because I dont know if it will sync/charge via usb afterwards thereby not allowing me to jailbreak it. Maybe I should play arond with it after I have another phone.Thanks for the help, Has resetting fixed issues like this for any other people?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

buy a new usb cable. if the new one doesnt work, your port is messed up, and then you will have a useless phone

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I missed that last part:)
    Yes, it would be pretty much useless if the sync/charger post is damaged.
    I think its time for a new iphone.

8. STC macrumors 6502a

Download 3.1.3 and when in iTunes hit Shift+Restore and navigate to where you put 3.1.3.