Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedavemc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
WHile the iPhone obviously does just about everything it does better than anything else, there are some notable missing features. What would you like to see most?
Here's mine:

video calls - so presumably a second camera. The screen on the iPhone seems almost designed for this app
3G (obviously)
VOIP w/video - free(ish) international video calling? Oh yes. Presumably VOIP could be achieved through a 3rd party app though I can't imagine it being authorised given the contractual blah blah
GPS - another feature appearing in many new handsets that would be amazing with the screen & google maps

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Bluetooth file sharing, currently the bluetooth on the iPhone is only for headsets! Why cant I send the pictures I've taken with my iPhone to my Macbook Pro by bluetooth rather than dock it fnd the file on the iPhone transfer it over and blah blah blah!

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
A new store section in iTunes for ringtones and games would be nice.
Multiple user interfaces such as a virtual touch clickwheel.

Goldenbear

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
..video calls - so presumably a second camera. The screen on the iPhone seems almost designed for this app...
Yeah, I was discussing this with a couple of people 2 weeks ago. It seems like such an obvious feature to have for a "Revolutionary" phone, that we were surprised it didn't make the cut for v1.0 of the phone.

...GPS - another feature appearing in many new handsets that would be amazing with the screen & google maps

Another obvious feature that you would've expected to be included.

Having said all that, the only feature I really care about right now is Voice Dialing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.