iPhone 2 price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bowlerguy10, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

My pretty technically inclined friend has told me about the possibility of a subsidy on the iPhone bringing it down to $200. He said there were talks of this being an option. What are the chances of this? If this is in fact the case I would be much more willing to get one as I already have an iPod touch, it would be like reclining on my couch compared to having to get used to another phone.

2. neven macrumors 6502a

There are dozens of threads already discussing this. Use the search button.

The chances of a subsidy are... unclear. It may happen, but I think most people here think it won't.

3. mtfield macrumors 6502

all the recent reports seem to be pointing towards a $200 subsidy.. so it seems like there is a large chance of it happening

4. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you think it would be possible for you to link me to a few of these reports?

5. kleo macrumors regular

It cost a billion dollars and steve has the only one currently available.

6. Corbet macrumors member

OP-

The iPhone 2 will be available tonight at 8 PM EST. It will be $100 after subsidies. Get there NOW!

7. kimguroo macrumors member

you will know 4 days from now :D

I guess steve will announce new 3G iphone on monday but it won't be available until end of July (I think Apple need to report at FCC and it will take 4-6 weeks.) also apple might cut the price on current model at $199 range for 8gb and $249 or $299 16gb so they can sell it out before new ones will release on July.

I don't think there will be price cut on new model. maybe 16 GB for $399 or 32gb for $499.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Where - for the UK the O2 pricings seem to be being rumors just recently. For AT&T there are other previous rumors. And yes, the search function, even MRgoogle/google can help find them.

9. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

kimguroo.... ummm, the end of July ? Just because the FCC hasn't told everyone they have already approved the new iPhone doesn't mean it hasn't been done. They can do it without alerting the whole country. After they announce the 3g one on Monday, why would they start selling the old one again after having it unavailable for about a month. Makes absolutely no sense !

10. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Subsidy.

Sorry for my ignorance and my lack of business sense (I actually know what the word means, but not as far as an iPhone is concerned).

I'm currently in a two year contract with ATT (from my current iPhone purchase - from 9/07).

Does Subsidy mean they will give me the new iPhone at the advertised price but with a new 2 year contract? I wouldn't expect anything different. Or could it be better?

Thanks,
    W

11. bstpierre macrumors 6502

My AT&T account says that I am eligible for a phone discount. I suspect that is because I did not get a subsidy on my current iPhone. If they offer a subsidy to everyone who is willing to extend their contract 2 years that I will be looking forward to it. They didn't offer a subsidy on the first one so there is a chance they will stick with that. There is also a chance that the subsidy rumor does not apply to all carriers (or AT&T in particular). Time will tell.

12. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

???

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It is interesting to hear about the rumors of what European countries carriers are doing with the new iPhone...O2/Orange rumors

I doubt those companies will do the same as Apple (I don't expect that anyway) but my hopes of some sort of upgrade discount are higher than they were a month ago

If AT&T doesn't offer one, so be it. I will still get it and be quite happy with it :D

14. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

What are you on and where can I get some?