iPhone 2 seen in Sweden

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wunderbaren, May 22, 2008.

1. wunderbaren macrumors member

2. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

maby it was the real deal. or maby he was just joking around?
    i swear apple is harder to crack than the secret services.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Lol, and the newspaper just "happened to be in shot" which just neatly helps prove what day it was shot...
    So the bar tender just took the shot of.... a phone. possibly. That now is "the iPhone"?

Greenone's Google translation:

This happened in Sweden. I'm working on the hotel at Arlanda airport. The guy was really speak Spanish. He definitely worked on Apple. Judgement data were in the reservation.

Lol - So now the actual Apple employee if it was one is pretty much identified internally.

Was it this?

Confirms the iphone.fr pics are wrong in his view.

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

maby he put it there for that exact reason?
    for all we know, it coulda been a prada, or a iphoney, or somthin different :S

5. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Come on, just hire a thug to steal his phone!

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

This is dreadful, its just some dude with a phone, that slightly resembles the back of an iPhone :rolleyes:

Do you really think apple employees are using iPhone 2 in the wild before they are unveiled at WWDC???? Sheesh

7. RAZZo macrumors newbie

Actually, they are.

A friend of mine's is waiting an new iphone, provided by vodafone, until the end of this month. He, however, cant post more details because he signed an NDA.

He is an technology tester in a big magazine here at portugal.

8. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

True, and actually a few people were caught using the first iPhone before it was released for sale. I mean, they have to test them in the wild somehow! Pretty neat if true.

9. frosse macrumors 6502a

Of course they do, dont u remember before the iphone was released, there were some photos of ppl using iphones.

Some apple emplyees definitely use the new iphone out in the public, to test it of course. Its really important, especially this time when 3G is being added.

10. elbirth macrumors 65816

When the first iPhone was released, they even said they had been using them for a while up until the launch to make sure they were stable and whatnot. However, at the same time, they naturally have to be very cautious with using it around other people, and assuming this was real, this guy was a tool for just casually laying it on the desk and then not just totally denying that it was an iPhone at all.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The first iPhone underwent secret testing by about 200 people during April-June 2007.

Of course, it had already been revealed by Jobs the previous January, which is a different situation than with the unknown new version.

Not that the testing helped that much the first time. They immediately noticed that the volume was too low, but the first batch had probably already been made and thus lots of people got those anyway. And apparently no tester had lots of contacts and complained about multiple deletes, forwarding, etc :rolleyes:

Read about the first iPhone secret tests

12. CybaSumo macrumors newbie

sorry for being obvious and that, but does that mean that we can buy iPhone in Sweden!~? :D

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I believe it, frankly. It happened with iPhone 1, it only makes sense that the new version would see the same level of field testing.

14. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I actually believe it. And matt black sounds fit!

Possibly something like this(but obviously a little thicker):

[​IMG]

Thats the image that made me sell my old iPhone and want the new one!

15. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

This dude said "little thicker" but who knows.

16. drb6 macrumors regular

so far, reports have been that it is thicker, but yes, who knows

It does look quite slick in that new pic though

17. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

That's as likely as this being an actual photo of me, being told that the iPhone 2 isn't coming until December in Canada :D lol

Serious, that's actually me. Because user names are real :D:D:confused::confused::confused::(:rolleyes::cool::p:eek::):D:apple::mad:;):D

But seriously... I don't think it would be thinner, certainly not that much thinner. Same thickness maybe, slightly thicker, probably. Because 3G chips take up more space, no? And maybe they want to throw in a slightly bigger battery because of that and the probably GPS capabilities.

[​IMG]

18. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I'm not saying that pic is accurate for the iPhone, it's just similar to what I imagine. Obviously not that slim though! But I have seen no real proof that it is going to be thicker. With the case company leak everyone seemed to think the iPhone was as thick as the case...?!

19. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Yeah, that case was hideous. Hopefully it's not that thick though.

I think if anything, the difference is going to be a millimeter thicker or slimmer.

That case!........ that case..... Man, that movie The Cleaner was strange. The writing...... the weird unnecessary camera angles....... . .. . the writing!!

20. Xjett macrumors member

Wow, if it turns out to be that thin, I might cry.

However I am leaning towards the majority ruling and saying it will be either the same thickness or slightly thicker. The current gen iPhone is still rather thin. The only thing I hope for is that they don't curve the back out like some think they might. I like the feel of the current iPhone. I do see the arguement that a curved back would fit better in the hand though.

As far as the picture of the guy in the cafe with an "iPhone 2", I wish it was a much better shot. I'll have to visit the main link later though.

21. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unfortunatly, not happening in the next version of iPhone if it's 3G.

3g phones require ADDITIONAL ANTENNA for each 3g bandwidth (very few 3G phones has all the bandwidths in one, just like few phones are quad GSM bands), IN ADDITION to GSM antenna.

Also to counter 3g's drain on battery, Apple would probably include a battery of a slightly larger capacity.

Conclusion: 3g iPhone is not going to be the thickness of iPod touch (if it were to retain all the current iPhone features).

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
  23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah. The included battery on the Diamond is only 900mAh, compared to 1400mAh for the CURRENT iPhone revision. Assuming Apple wants to maintain battery life parity with the current model, expect a bigger battery to compensate.

24. DeXtA macrumors member

He he, looks like a bit of a sloppy story but some of the details are interesting. As they say only time will tell ;)

25. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

I won't be upgrading to the new iphone until the first one dies. It just seems like a waste to buy something and than sell it for something new. Sort of almost polluting the environment...