iPhone 2 Week Trial - O2 Returns Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by a456, Aug 28, 2008.

1. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

I looked up the returns policy at O2. You can return the phone within 2 weeks of purchase and just pay the prorated cost of line rental.

What I would really like is a PAYG iPhone or data only 3G iPod Touch, but I guess if Apple released one of these (or a 32GB iPhone) on 9th September then any iPhone bought now onwards could be exchanged.

Does anyone know the hassle involved?

2. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

At last o2 has seen sense and is releasing the iphone as pay as you go in the next couple of weeks, they could be hot potatoes though, difficult to get hold of..

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

You have 14 days to cancel any mobile phone contract and return the phone under UK law, so you shouldn't have any hassle as long as the phone is returned in good condition.

Phazer

4. a456 thread starter macrumors 6502a

a456

I'm not so sure that demand will outstrip supply - looks like they've pretty much got the thing covered now and while people have been holding out for PAYG many others took the plunge and bought either a contract phone or an unlocked phone thanks to O2's secrecy. I'd be pretty annoyed right now if I'd tried to buy elsewhere and risked losing money.

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Apparently existing customers who upgraded from the first iPhone don't get this luxury...