iPhone 2 with 3G T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EgbertAttrick, Jun 5, 2008.

1. EgbertAttrick macrumors regular

So, I was thinking about it... Apple will release iPhone 2 with T-Mobile compatibility.

They promise to sell 10,000,000 more phones. Tall order if you're just on one carrier in the US and have already been selling iPhones for a year.
    T-Mobile said they will have 3G by this Summer.
    The two bridges on the WWDC ad? One for AT&T, one for T-Mobile.

Since SJ always has something up his sleeve, maybe this is it. It's the only rumor that hasn't been dissected a million ways from Sunday.

Just wishful thinking, I know...

2. Tytanius macrumors member

I really doubt it. Plus T-Mobile has 3G but it is being unrolling city by city. Right now they have it in NYC but they don't plan on having more than a few cities running 3G by the end of the year.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because it's known to be false.

4. saxamoophone macrumors regular

+1

Wishful thinking won't make it true I'm afraid ;)

5. kdawg macrumors regular

kdawg

6. jfox00 macrumors member

7. rlasalle macrumors newbie

It would make more sence...

Seeing as Verizon just bought Altell (stripping AT&T of its 'largest mobile phone network' title), it would make more sence if the new iPhone could work with Verizon too....

8. sjo macrumors 6502a

lots of wishful thinking there. nothing in that thread supports your hopes.

there's absolutely no reason for apple to include the frequencies t-mobile 3g uses in the us into iphone. that frequency combination is not used by any other carrier anywhere in the world.

what we are not sure of is if they make one model with both the us and rest-of-the-world frequencies or if they make two models, one for att and the other for the rest.

9. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

2 bridges, developers conference...its being said on other posts, but I think the bridges represent OS X divereging into OS X computer, OS X mobile. I don't think that WWDC poster would be saying the new iphone, which is technically a side note to the 2.o firmware and software, will be available on tmobile and att.