iPhone 2 won't synch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Julia de Belli, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Julia de Belli macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 2 (the first one released back in 2007) full of important photos I need to get.

The problem is, everytime I connect it through USB in the computer, it'll charge but won't connect to iTunes or be an accessible folder. And again, I do really need to get those photos out.

The only way to do it as far as I know is emailing them all to me, but it takes forever for there are lots of pictures.

I'd like a way to get them all out, through a memory card somewhere in the phone or whatever, just say it :)

Thanks for reading!

2. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

3. Shabbis macrumors regular

OP mentions 2007, so that would be the original iPhone.

There are 3rd party apps you can get to access the iOS file system directly, like iExplorer.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Try PhoneView (Mac), TouchCopy (PC), or iMazing (either). Any of these should be able to retrieve photos, *if* the phone is recognized when hooked up via USB--even if iTunes doesn't see it. (With iTunes, I'm assuming you've tried other cables, and all the other USB ports on your computer? Because if not, you probably should--cables and ports do go bad sometimes.)

If third party apps like these don't recognize the phone either, then you're probably stuck emailing your pics.

5. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Install dropbox, let them all upload to dropbox cloud, install dropbox client on your computer, profit.