iphone 2009 - Christmas upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boost, Jun 17, 2009.

1. boost macrumors newbie

I have read two sources about a further upgrade to the iphone being released around 12th December 2009.

These are supposedly in addition to the 3G S.

Once source was the UK Sunday Times InGear supplement suggesting that it was likely to be obsolete by Christmas and another was a forum (google iphone Christmas) suggesting that a large number of iphone subscribers in the US would be available come Dec 09.

Add that to the rumnours of the non slip backing and the Flash enabled phones and could it be that the 3GS is not the only one we can expect this year?

Anyone else have any suspicions or news?

I've spent 6 months waiting for the 3G S and it seems to be everything i want a phone to do. I won't be waiting another 6 (then another for July '10 etc) but thought I'd share the info on here as this site gave me the confidence to hold on until now for the 3G S.

Flame away..

:D

2. Chanowitz macrumors member

Chanowitz

just get the 3G s no need to wait another six months man.

3. Narzist macrumors member

Of course there will be an iPhone this xmas. Sure thing, like the iPhone nano for xmas two years ago and a red iPhone last year.:rolleyes:

4. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I seriously doubt that there will be a new iPhone until next year. And even then, it may be only an update like this one was. No new looks, only under the hood. Same way with Snow Leopard. Just build upon it.

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Silly, new Iphones come out every 3 months, not 6. :p