Iphone 2009 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gamecockfan1214, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Gamecockfan1214 macrumors member

I wanted to get the iphone for christmas. My contract with alltel runs out Dec 20. Ive been reading about macworld 2009. It seems that the one thing everyone is expecting is the 32 GB iphone. I think there is no way VZ comes out with iphone this year. VZ owns alltel and i would love to stay with VZ if i could i just dont see that happening. If the 32 GB is introduced at Macworld would it be available like the next couple days after the event. Also would the 16 GB get knocked down to 199. Cause i would feel stupid buying the 8GB for 200 when i could wait 2 weeks and get the 16 GB for 200.

Thanks

2. Barbs macrumors regular

Steve jobs will say "Now introducing the 32GB iPhone 3G! Available immediately for only 5 small payments of $79.99.

3. Indy21 macrumors 6502

I got this one folks.

If you need more storage then wait, just in case. If not then go ahead and buy it.

No one here knows FOR SURE what's going to happen at Mac World in January, some suspect Nothing at all, others suspect 32gb model and more.

My T-Mobile contract ends on the 20th as well. I, for one, will be waiting because I would like a higher capacity model if one is revealed next month.

That's all. :D

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Well even if your not intersed in 32 gig iPhone, you should probably wait, you never know what's going to happen there might be price drops or maybe Verizon get's the iPhone no one knows, the safe bet is to wait imho

5. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

Well put.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Even if they do bust out the 32g the price will be 399. They arent going to drop the 8g and 16g a hundred dollars.

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Buy the 16gb one now.... you won't need the 32gb anyway. ;) You know as well as I do you can't watch all those movies at one time! lol

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

But you sure can carry around 20-25 gigs of music easily! I have almost filled my 16 gig with music and three pages of apps, no videos on the phone

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

At this time of year I would say wait until Macworld to buy anything Mac unless it is for a Holiday gift.

10. renlok macrumors newbie

Im just hoping o2 will lose exclusivity, i get no signal anywhere with o2

11. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

So originally in Jnauary I was gonna pick up the iphone 3g. Should I wait?

12. Gamecockfan1214 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys i appreciate the answers. I probally will wait i think if the 32 gb is introduced they would definitley lower the price and just get rid of the 8 gb like they did with the 4. Especially with the way the economy is right now. I would like the 16 gb but it not that big of deal I have a lot of music but i really listen to maybe 3 or 4 gigs most of the time. This is hypothetical like ive heard the new ipod have a faster chip then the iphone. What if they start putting this chip in the iphone. If that were to happen i would not be able to jailbreak right. They have not jailbroken the ipod 2g yet and they have been working on it for a while. So if something like that could happen i would wanna go ahead and get it before macworld right.

13. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Expecting a new iphone....not going to buy one now. No more than 6 months max to new 3rd gen. And you know
    the processor will be faster. Just like what we know now about the 2nd gen itouch being significantly faster than
    the first gen.

14. Gamecockfan1214 thread starter macrumors member

I dont really understand your post but im not expecting a new generation of iphone. I just though they might use similar chips that there putting in the new ipod touches. Maybe the whole thing would have to be completley redesigned for this. I was just wondering.

15. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

What if you guys are expecting to much of Apple...